• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is it the app, the Note II or what? Help!

carme4

Nov 17, 2012
I have no where else to turn. Suddenly everything on my Facebook wall is gone except the top photos, friend list. No posts at all. No one else could see it all day yesterday. I changed my password, contacted FB, found out lots of other people are experiencing this. Finally I pulled the battery from my Note 2. Uninstalled and reinstalled the FB app numerous times and restarted the phone numerous times. Later on last night it worked again and everything was on my wall. This morning I signed back onto FB, things were fine through the app, and within an hour GONE!! I signed back out of the app, signed on through the browser on my phone and everything was there. When I use the app it effects other people also not seeing my wall.

My question is. Is my phone overheating or something weird like that? Is it likely the app, or is it facebook? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Thanks for any advice you can give!!

Thank you for the replies. I have pretty much noticed it works when I get out away from my house when there is a 4G signal. It works sometimes at my house. Tonight while out walking I tried to log on to the facebook app and it said it could not reach the facebook servers. Therefore, I think the issue has to be partially facebook and/or AT&T and their signal. I'll let you know if I figure out anything else, meanwhile, I'm just sitting back and waiting and waiting..............

Upvote 0
Yes I have uninstalled and reinstalled probably 7 or 8 times. Submitted reports to Facebook. Funny thing is that it sometimes works when I'm in an area with strong wi-fi like yesterday I was near an AT&T store, and then the app worked and I could see the posts on my wall!! My other apps seem to be working fine though, so I'm stumped.

Upvote 0
I've found the FB app to be pretty flaky at times, regardless of signal.

Posts from days ago will suddenly be the first ones I see, when maybe an hour or two before there were newer ones.

Maybe try clearing the cache vs. uninstalling and re-installing it.

(Settings > Application Manager > go to ALL > select Facebook > Clear Cache)

As for overheating question - is your phone hot/warm when it is happening? My Note 2 stays pretty cool even with a case. Do you leave the phone in your pocket or a bag that doesn't allow it to breathe?

Try leaving your phone on the data network (4g) vs. using Wifi and see if you can reproduce. If you are flipping between different wifi networks (ie - home, work, Starbucks) the app may be trying to use the connection that was established at one place and doesn't know how to handle the now stale connection.

How much memory do you have free on the phone in the primary partition where the apps go?

Upvote 0
Hopefully I have solved the problem. My phone really wasn't getting warm, as it was lying out on the table most of the day. I did try switching of Wi Fi and seeing if that was the issue, to no avail. What I did do was find in settings something called Facebook SNS which I had never seen before. I disabled it and also deactivated my facebook account for about 8 hours. Today when I reactivated it, it works even through the app. Knock on wood. I've noticed when several friends have posted in the past few days it will show their location as somewhere clear across the country where they have never been. I think a lot of the problem is facebook itself. I'll keep you posted if the problem returns. Thanks again everyone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones