1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is it true that Jelly Bean won't have Flash Player?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Matrix Leader, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader Android Enthusiast

Is it true that when I upgrade to Jelly Bean when it's released, I will lose my Adobe Flash Player?

This is a big bummer

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. pool_shark

pool_shark Android Expert

Adobe has given up on flash for mobile devices, it has nothing to do with JB.
    If you have a backup of flash you can install it on JB.

Dolphin browser no longer uses it on JB, but other browsers do.

3. Matrix Leader

I am a newbie to the Anrdoid world.

How can I make a backup and install iy on my Jelly Bean when it's out?

Will Adobe Flash Plaer still be on my Google Play Store since I had it installed before or is there a way to back it up from my current phone then install it on the Jelly Bean and how to do that please?

thanks

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

You can download App Backup & Restore from the market. It will extract Adobe Flash apk for your use.

Matrix Leader likes this.
  5. Matrix Leader

I couldn't find it in Play Store

Can you show me the direct link please?

thanks

6. Matrix Leader

7. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

yes it can. I'm not rooted but I have my apks. What you need root for is the save files.

8. Matrix Leader

Look what I got man :(

[​IMG]

any other app I can get? I dont mind paying

9. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

No idea. LOL. But there are suggestions on the lower left of the screen on Play for similar apps.

10. pool_shark

pool_shark Android Expert

Astro and ES file explorer can also backup apk's.

11. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Not certain if this is the only way to get the latest versions of Dolphin Browser, Adobe Flash Player and Jellybean to play nice together, but this is a method that worked for me.

With this method I believe that you must choose between Always On or On Demand in Dolphin, because I think the software only limits your ability to make changes to the Flash setting, and since the default is normally Off when one downloads from the play store, normally one can't activate Flash without getting the slap on the hand "you can't do that" from Dolphin. The trick here is to save a copy of the Dolphin ICS settings which allow Flash use and then restore those on JB.

This is how it worked for me.

You need:

1. A device running ICS which probably needs to be rooted.
    2. Your device running Jellybean which probably needs to be rooted.
    3. Titanium backup on both device
    4. A version of the Flash Player apk to side load which you can download (they are still available if you Google search) or a Titanium backed up version that you already made.

Turn off automatic backup from your Google account on your JB device.

On your ICS device install Titanium backup and Dolphin from the market. Open Dolphin, go to settings and turn on Flash content. Exit Dolphin. Open Titanium backup and make a backup of Dolphin and Flash player if that is how you will be getting Flash. Now you need to copy those backup files to your Jellybean device. There are several ways to do so which I won't cover here.

On your Jellybean device uninstall any copies of Dolphin and Flash you may already have on there. You can backup your bookmarks first if you wish but can't do a full backup and restore of all your settings because they will overwrite what we are going to do. Now, with a clean Jellybean, install titanium backup from the market if you don't already have it. Open titanium backup and find that dolphin backup you moved from the ICS device. Restore the app and data. Open Dolphin and go to settings and see that Flash is enabled but don't touch the toggle. Close Dolphin. Now either restore the Flash app in Titanium, or install it from an apk you found on the net

That's it.

Open Dolphin and you should now be able to use Flash, and pinch zoom.

Never touch the flash toggle in Dolphin, and I wouldn't let Dolphin update either.

Your mileage may vary, but this worked for me. "Thanks" are appreciated if this works for you.:)

Good luck and please excuse any typos or mistakes as I was typing this in the car as my daughter was driving (scary)

UPDATE: This method works for Dolphin Beta Browser as well which has improved HTML5 compatibility.

12. UrsusVIIILXXXVII

UrsusVIIILXXXVII Android Enthusiast

Couldn't you also just download the apk? There's plenty of people that have it uploaded to various places. I have it in my Google Drive. If anyone wants a link to it, shoot me a pm.

13. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

The issue has been when people download the apk and install for the first time in JB it defaults to "no flash" and it won't let you select to turn it on. This method gets around that by turning it on in ICS where everything is still rainbows and lollipops between Flash and Dolphin.