1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

is it volte enabled???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jobycalvary, Apr 29, 2017.

1. jobycalvary

jobycalvary Lurker

i have a jio 4g sim.but lot of misbehaviours occuring like lack of signal strength, slow speed internet, troubles while calling......etc..... since it does not support volte. any solution for it????

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Jio is an Indian carrier? I'm thinking it should work, but can you confirm the exact model of it, like is it P70 or P70-T version? Because if it's P70-T, that version will only give 3G and 4G service in China. "T" meaning TD-SCDMA, used only by China Mobile.

This is a useful site, if you want to check for yourself....
    http://willmyphonework.net/

EDIT

I just been looking at Jio 4G on the Wiki.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jio
    that provides wireless 4G LTE service network (without 2G/3G based services) and is the only 'VoLTE-only' (Voice over LTE) operator in the country which lacks legacy network support of 2G and 3G, with coverage across all 22 telecom circles in India

That means if the phone doesn't have 4G VoLTE support, it ain't going to work properly on their network, AFAICT, because they don't use 2G or 3G.

#2 mikedt, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  3. I have 3UK sim, but when I put the sim card in an old Nokia Lumia 800 I don't face any problem. However, I don't want to use Nokia because from 2015 all updates for Windows smart phones was stopped, and for me is more convenient to use Lenovo P70.

4. It is Lenovo P70-A version

5. psionandy

psionandy Extreme Android User

Just to clarify a small point... Depending on your device, you can still get windows smart phone updates for the next 18 months at least... Although the Lumia 800 is probably too old as it didn't make the leap to win10

Lenovo P70 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews