• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is it worth buyint yet? DesireS vs GalaxyS?

Hi I'm from Venezuela and I'm looking to buy a new smartphone from amazon.com..

My budget is somewhere 400-500$..

I've seen a lot of good reviews about the HTC Desire S but I'm also between Galaxy S...

I really like the HTC Sense but I've got some question if you guys can help me..

-Is the GPS working ok on Desire S? (i have read Galaxy S GPS is very bad)
-Does it have any signal issue?

If you guys know about any other android smartphone in that range let me know your opinions please.. I really want to have Android phone.. I am a Blackberry user and I'm done with this useless phone hahahahah

Thank you!

i was also contemplating the same thing. The desire s gps is very good. i use it as a satnav. my signal seems to be fine no signal issues here, i live in the uk by the way. i ended up getting the desire s. its a very polished phone with great features, the galaxy s is known to lag a little ive seen it on my friends phone. Lastly tye battery on the desire s is excellent it will get you around 2 days of moderate usage. So my choice is clear the desire s is the best single core smartphone. Hope i helped

Upvote 0
i was also contemplating the same thing. The desire s gps is very good. i use it as a satnav. my signal seems to be fine no signal issues here, i live in the uk by the way. i ended up getting the desire s. its a very polished phone with great features, the galaxy s is known to lag a little ive seen it on my friends phone. Lastly tye battery on the desire s is excellent it will get you around 2 days of moderate usage. So my choice is clear the desire s is the best single core smartphone. Hope i helped

Thank you ver much sayeed91, your comment really help since you where between desireS and galasyS like I am.. I'm almost convinced to get the Desire S.. But i just wanted to hear more possitive things about it :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones