1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Is it worth it to get a replacement?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dricky, Nov 13, 2010.

1. dricky

dricky Active Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Chicawwgo
    So I've had my phone for two weeks now and I've noticed I have light leakage and a really annoyingly bright dead pixel. The light leakage is getting more visible pretty quickly.
    I understand that light leakage is due to screen separation, but I want to know how bad it can get and if it will cause some other problems down the road.
    I personally hate having defects on any of my things but I don't really want to go through the hassle of setting up my phone again if the light leakage thing isn't going to really cause any problems...

So to sum it up,
    -How bad can light leakage get (and how far can the screen separate)
    -Is it worth it to get it exchanged
    -What other problems does the screen separation do.

Advertisement

2. sitlet

Apr 11, 2010
    I had one come completely apart, see image in this thread:
    http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-support-troubleshooting/213903-screen-popping-up.html

that alone would make me return. Realize that pixel will be there for the life of the phone, and will never go away. Take it back now and dont worry about it again.

it really doesnt take that long. I have over a hundred apps, and am rooted, and it takes me less than 2 hours to fully restore my phone.

dricky likes this.
  3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
  4. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Resource Consumer
    San Diego
    derp derp

dricky likes this.
  5. dricky

dricky Active Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Chicawwgo
    Thanks for the advice, my family just thought I was making a big deal about nothing

6. sitlet

Apr 11, 2010
    Never think that. You paid good money for a device that is supposed to last, and should be put together correctly. You wouldnt buy a new car with a windshield thats coming off and not take it back to get it fixed.

Tags: