1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is LG Prime 2 5g Capable?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ukiltmybrutha, Mar 17, 2021.

1. ukiltmybrutha

ukiltmybrutha Newbie

Looks like it is in the specs. It is the cheapest phone that AT&T sells on Firstnet. I just want a cheap backup phone to use as a hotspot through Firstnet. I'd hate to be married to it if it isn't though.

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

does not seem so. usually phone manufacturers will put 5G as part of the name of the phone to indicate that it is 5G capable. do you really want 5G? it is not every where yet. and 5G models tend to be more expensive then their counterparts.

MrJavi and ukiltmybrutha like this.
  3. ukiltmybrutha

ukiltmybrutha Newbie

Thanks. It shows that my address has 5g based upon my address when using the AT&T search. I don't know how much I trust that though. It costs more to lease the phone on top of my bill for a 5g phone vs a 4g LTE one.

The only reason that I would want 5g is to tether it as a 5g hotspot for my other devices in my home.

Do you know if that is possible on AT&T's firstnet or how that works? They sure don't know. Lol!

4. ocnbrze

just because you are in 5g area does not mean that your phone will get 5g. it needs the technology to get 5G. from what i have seen your phone is not 5g capable

i have no idea about firstnet or how that works.....sorry i have Verizon and my note 10+ 5G does get 5G sporadically in certain parts of Los Angeles.

MrJavi and ukiltmybrutha like this.
  5. ukiltmybrutha

ukiltmybrutha Newbie

Well I didn't buy the phone yet but that was their cheapest option. I do see phones that say 5g in the phone's title so thanks for that.

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. ocnbrze

yep those are the ones you want......keep us posted on what you get and let us know what you think of the device.

MrJavi likes this.