• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is Maildroid Pro Worth the $17.99

K9 for me all the way. I have Gmail, Yahoo, and company ISP mail thru K9 and never had an issue. Got to say the developer issue of K9 (4.33) is much nicer than Playstore version (4.20). Much better ui/theme, a "send" button where you need it, tons of font size tweaks.

Never tried Maildroid, but never spent more than $2.99 for an app and probably never will. For $18 it must be great!

Upvote 0
I tried the free version for a couple days and tonight I bought the Pro version. I am able to setup all my email accounts except for my company's email account. I did contact the dev and he replied quite quickly to make some suggestions. If I can get this one issue resolved, great. If not, I'm still happy with the Pro version for what it offers.

Upvote 0
I just downloaded the free version of MailDroid and I love it. It quickly set up my two hotmail accounts. I may add my gmail account later. The best part is, for every email you receive on your device, you can choose to either delete it from the device only, or from the device AND server (saving you time back at your desk!)

My only problem now is finding a way to sync my Hotmail calendar events. I really need this, because I use Windows Live Mail and prefer the Hotmail calendars.

I'd like to have a separate calendar app to do this, but so far the ones I've downloaded are not enabling Hotmail calendar. When I went to check my settings, for some reason my Samsung Galaxy Prevail is only allowing google accounts to be added (in the "Settings" > "Accounts & Sync" )

Anybody have an idea how to get my Hotmail calendar events to my Droid?

Thanx, sorry this is outside the thread a little.

By the way, I may be looking into upgrading to MailDroid Pro as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones