1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is Motorola a $12B Hairball For Google?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by marc12868, Apr 12, 2012.

1. marc12868

marc12868 Android Expert

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Gmash

Gmash Extreme Android User

Please read the article before commenting:

Google's $12 Billion Toy - Yahoo! Finance

I thought the rumor about Moto's handset business being offered for sale to Huawei was interesting, given the history of Huawei making products for Motorola in the past.

3. All I know is I have owned several Android phones from Samsung and HTC. Picked up a Droid Razr Maxx the other day and this is probably my favorite of them all. Build quality is great with the Kevlar backing and Gorilla Glass, I am actually finding bult in apps such as Motocast useful and of course the battery life is awesome. Was never really a fan of the Droid line until owning one.

4. Covart

Covart Android Enthusiast

With the losses in court by Motorola and the impending EU investigation into their FRAND abuse, Google would be smart to take the patents and then flush the entire mobility division of Moto down the drain and auction off every piece of equipment. Because if they keep them, you know that Apple will have no choice but to start adding Google to the lawsuits. And this would mean billions in lost revenue, manpower, time, possible product bans, etc... This is not something Google needs, especially since the EU is likely to find Motorola guilty on FRAND abuse.

5. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants

I'd rather see Mobility completely spun off into it's own company with unlimited patent licensing from Google.

Martimus likes this.