• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is my Droid Incredible battery usage typical?

parlayguy

Jun 8, 2010
I'm not getting nearly a full day of usage out of my Droid Incredible battery. I want to know if I'm using it too much (hope not) or do I have some bad application taking lots of power.

Here's my stats:
  1. Up Time: 66:32:32
  2. Awake time 54:33:07
  3. I've been on calls using a wired headset for about 2 hours at most
  4. Battery usage says:
    • Voice calls 34%
    • Cell standby 25%
    • Phone idle 23%
    • Android System 14%
    • Display 4%
  5. The apps I use during the day are:
    • K-9 mail (looks for email every 5 minutes) but I only look at new email maybe 5 times today
    • Facebook: I've checked FB maybe 3 times today
    • CNBC stocks: I've looked at stock lists 20 times today
    • Keeper: I spend about 10 minutes entering password data into this app today
    • TV Listings: I looked at this once today for about 5 minutes
    • AIM: running, but I've done nothing
So what is sucking all the power on the phone? I didn't think this usage described above is abnormal and should cause my battery to not last all day.

I've heard that dropping down from 3G to 2G can save a lot of power. Is that true?

Thanks,

I have never used that much., Your awake time should be less than 1/3 of your up time.
I did have a battery problem at first but I found disabling my flickr acount fixed that. But if you do not use flicker then I am not sure. (however even if you don't use it but you entered your information in then it is still syncing, This is a battery killer. Trust me delete your account and you will see a DRASTIC change)
I the same apps as you plus more, except for K-9 mail, I only have gmail. But I couldn't imagine that being the cause.

A wired headset wouldn't make a difference, Bluetooth however kills the battery pretty fast.

If you could, Run your phone for one day and report the up and awake time. And also how long you went through the day before having to charge your battery.

I wake up at 0630 and pull my phone off the charger. And at 430 when I get home I am at around 70% (I don't make many calls throughout the day though)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones