• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is my Droid X toast?

Hawk777th

Nov 22, 2010
My screen keeps coming on while the phone is locked then it will go off and come back on like 2-5 sec later just an endless cycle. This is a factory 2.2 droid x with 2.2. Have launcher pro and some stuff on it did a virus scan with AVG said it was clean what gives here?

Just started yesterday randomly. Pulled bat like 5 times. Only app I have installed lately is abduction game lol. I just uninstalled it awhile ago.

If I put my phone back to factory settings is there a way I can ghost it (back it ALL up) and get it all back? Would hate to have to rebuild this thing all the way.

Upvote 0
if you backup everything and then just reinstall it all after a factory reset, you are more than likely just going to reinstall the problem...
that being said, you can back up all your apps, with app brain from the market, and but you still have to reinstall and reset all your preferences...not really a fun job, but it sounds like it would be worth it..

you might also want to look at your settings for your screen lock

Upvote 0
Where is the factory settings option to reset the phone guess I dont really have a choice. Will my pictures be deleted? Also something odd happened the other day, I have like 1000 pics on the sd card that look like they are icon gifs from some site on networking but I didnt put them there, is this a virus or something?

I use beautiful widgets and launcher pro and LPI all of which are pay will I be able to just reinstall them since I synced in appbrain?

Just for grins I pulled my SD card and it seemed to have stopped doing it?

Upvote 0
first off, nothing on you sd card will be erased by a factory wipe.

to reset, turn off your phone, then hold down the home key and power button until you see a little android and a triangle pop up, press the search key, then follow the on screen prompts (use volume keys to go up and down and select with the camera button)

once your phone os reinstalls, download appbrain from the market, use a computer and go to appbrain.com, go to my apps, in the top left corner of the page you will see "my app lists" (there will probably be more than one), select the one that has all your apps(i've created a new one and named it b/c all the ones the phone creates have the same name) once you have your list selected use appbrain on your phone to sync and reinstall your apps.

then you just have to reset all your preferences the way you like them unfortunately

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones