• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is my G2 displaying wrong battery usage?

dportal2006

Android Enthusiast
Dec 3, 2011
I have used my G2 the entire day. The screen on time is 3:17 with a brightness of 40%. The battery is still at 47% after 12+ hours. Excellent battery life.

Now for my question. When I go check the battery usage it claims that the screen has only used 23% of the battery and android system and android is are taking up about 40%. How exactly could that be? All my phones have always had the screen use about 60-70% of the battery. I click on android system and it shows a lot of LG crap. Is there a way to remove those? I have sync and location services turnmed off. If the screen is only taking about 20% of battery I can only imagine how much better battery will get if we can freeze all that bloatware.

I have used my G2 the entire day. The screen on time is 3:17 with a brightness of 40%. The battery is still at 47% after 12+ hours. Excellent battery life.

Now for my question. When I go check the battery usage it claims that the screen has only used 23% of the battery and android system and android is are taking up about 40%. How exactly could that be? All my phones have always had the screen use about 60-70% of the battery. I click on android system and it shows a lot of LG crap. Is there a way to remove those? I have sync and location services turnmed off. If the screen is only taking about 20% of battery I can only imagine how much better battery will get if we can freeze all that bloatware.

GRam

Upvote 0
I'm one of those people who get their phone out of the package, uses it as it came and all i know is that it lasts me all day with heavy use.

I have no clue how much ram is free or what app is doing what.

I come from iPhone. I just used the phone. That's it, so I'm doing the same with this one. So far so good.

Upvote 0
I'm one of those people who get their phone out of the package, uses it as it came and all i know is that it lasts me all day with heavy use.

I have no clue how much ram is free or what app is doing what.

I come from iPhone. I just used the phone. That's it, so I'm doing the same with this one. So far so good.

:( party pooper. Where is the fun in that?

Upvote 0

I had my phone one day last week was stuck on 100% for several hours. It started after I took it off the charger. I did a reboot and it took it another hour to finally start tracking usage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones