• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is my Galaxy S2 Broken?

Hi Guys,

Ok, so I recently bought a phone in China and desided to root it because of the obvious problems. I followed a wesite with instruction on how to do so (I can't post the website in my first post). It all seemingly went well (passed icon in odin) but after my phone reset... nothing. It won't turn on. All I get is the Samsung Galaxy S2 icon. I can't access the Download mode or the Reboot mode... bad times, right?

So essentially, I'm guessing my phone is fudged (very tempted to use a slighty stronger word). Is there by some miracle some way that I can fix the damage I have done?

Will it still be covered under warranty? (No yellow triangle is present).

Thanks for any help in advance,

James

Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining.

Since you can get into download mode you will be able to download your firmware from samfirmware and flash with Odin.
SamMobile Firmware Page

Since you bought the phone from China makes me think perhaps you have the G variant, which would explain why your phone wouldn't boot as two models use different kernels

Edit: ninja'd

Reactions: jimbobsthebest
Upvote 0
Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining.

Since you can get into download mode you will be able to download your firmware from samfirmware and flash with Odin.
SamMobile Firmware Page

Since you bought the phone from China makes me think perhaps you have the G variant, which would explain why your phone wouldn't boot as two models use different kernels

Edit: ninja'd

Far more detailed post from yourself though shotty :)

Upvote 0
Wow, thanks for such a speedy responce.

Firstly, would you recommend me taking my mobile to a repair shop to fix as I really don't have much of a clue as to what I'm actually doing.

Secondly, is there any chance you could walk me through what I need to do?

Thirdly, I know this is a free forum but is there anyway I can buy a pint for whoever can help me out. I came to this site out of purest desperation and so far you've both taken the time to help me out... I'd like to show my appreciation :)

Upvote 0
Have a read of the Samsung G variant all things root sticky in this very forum. This contains a guide for flashing your firmware which you can download from Samifirmware as Shotgun mentioned. Just make sure that you read everything carefully and take your time.

Let us know how you get on :)

Here is the link for the i9100G firmware

http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3&t=1&o=1&m=GT-I9100G&r=-1#modelsa

Upvote 0
I tried installing another ROM. Wasn't successful. However, I've taken it to a repair shop and the engineer seems to think he can fix it. I don't know how but he managed to access the ODIN download mode so he's hopefull that he can remove any damage I've done and install the UK firmware on it.

Fingers crossed he can fix it. I think it's worth mentioning that if you don't know what you're doing then it's probably not a good idea to try and root your Samsung Galaxy S2, haha.

Either way, thanks for the help and support guys!

James

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones