1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support is my jack janked?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by boocoodinkydow, Aug 18, 2011.

1. boocoodinkydow

None

Aug 18, 2011
    excited when i recently discovered pandora. ran to wally world & purchased a set of koss earbuds. plugged them into my droid x with great anticipation but, wholly crap batman, nothing happened; all that beautiful music still being wasted through the tonky sounding lil' speaker on the phone & nothing through the earbuds!! called a friend at verizon & she said i needed a 4 conductor 3.5mm aux cable rather than the standard 3 conductor. OK, i sawllowed it & got on the internet & ordered a headset through vzw.com with a 4 conductor cable, the 4th conductor simply makes available the use of a mic, as i understand. while anxiously awaiting the arrival of the "correct" headset, i continued internet research & find multiple posts where people are using standard 3 conductor 3.5mm aux cables without issues. i have an aux cable i use to play my mp3 through my car radio. tried that with the droid & still nothing; pitiful music through the phone speaker & zilch through the car radio. am i missing something here or is my phone jack the issue? can someone please help a po' ol' newby out?

Advertisement

2. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    Is the pair you purchased your only pair? Can you try a few others and see what happens? Also, have you tried listening through any other apps? How does Youtube sound, for example?

3. bubbaken

bubbaken Well-Known Member
    None

May 20, 2010
    NY
    I use old school headphones and they work great. The previous apple headphones (no mic) as well as the ones with the mic work great on mine as well. Me thinks you gotta hardware problem (broken plug?)

4. brute347

brute347 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 7, 2011
    Sounds silly but, your head unit ks on aux mode right??

The cable doesn't matter, I use 3.5

My head phone jack on my droid x did break though, im waiting for a new phone tomorrow because of that.

But a set of nose head phones, toil never go back!!! Best head phones ever!!!!

5. nsa_sailor

nsa_sailor Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 6, 2011
    Engineer
    Wichita
    I'm having trouble imagining what nose head phones are.

6. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    Nose headphones? They're great. They really help you to "toil never go back". Haven't you tried a pair?

7. brute347

None

Jan 7, 2011
    Hahaha sorry!
    Bose.
    Gd autocorrect

8. brute347

None

Jan 7, 2011
    Oh f my life