• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is my Nexus 7 fried?

Wow, this is just what I needed right now... I was sitting on the couch reading an ebook with my n7 plugged in and charging (but operating). Without warning the screen looked like a tv when you're half way through tuning new channels (lasted 1-2 seconds), there was a slight pop from the speakers and the device went dead. Now it won't charge or turn on or anything -- completely unresponsive. Am I losing my mind? Did someone set off an emp? WTF???

If you are still in your 15days I send it back to google they will pay return shipping and ship out a new device while you wait. I am hearing Asus makes you pay return shipping and you will most likely get a refurbished unit in a few months anyway once they get there stock up.

Upvote 0
Same happened to me only my battery died then i couldnt turn back on after charging for a couple of hours. Left it plugged in overnight and it charged 50% and was able to turn back on.

Since then its been absolutely fine with no problems. I have read a few other posts about battery charging if apps still running when battery dies it struggles to charge. Fingers crossed all will be ok with yours.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the responses guys. So far so good... Didn't mean to get edgy, I was just freaked. I've been a gadget nut for more than a decade and never have I seen something do that before... I'm well out of the return period but I sure as hell will make Google hear me out if anything else goes wrong with it.

Don't worry about the 15 days rainy, that is for straight out I don't want it returns. You have a one year warranty so if you have further issues Google will send you a replacement.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones