1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is my phone branded?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Herbert Schwak, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Herbert Schwak

Hi, I got a new SGS3 and want to know how I can find out if it is branded or not.
    My informations are:
    AP: I9305XXALI5
    CP: I9305BVALI5
    CSC: I9305EVRALI5

2. alex01

alex01 Well-Known Member

I have exactly the same phone and have got mixed results from research, though i have other sims they are not micro sized so can't check using them. I have tried using *#7465625# but nothing happens with mine.

mine is an upgrade from t-mobile uk, the firmware details from kies show PDA:LI5 / PHONE:LI5 / CSC:LI5 (EVR). Though i'm not an expert i think the (EVR) bit means mine is locked to EE (Everthing Everywhere). if yours is different then i would research that. the reason why i'm uncertain is that my s2 was upgraded the same way but had (CPW) which was unlocked.

Like you i would be interested if any can shed more light on this.

3. Herbert Schwak

Thank you for your reply. I am using mine with an orange simcard and don't have problems with that.

4. Herbert Schwak

When I open Antutu Benchmark and go to info->system-info it says that there is no carrier branding, but I am still not sure if this is true.

5. alex01

alex01 Well-Known Member

Is your carrier orange? T-Mobile and Orange sims might work because EE is their parent company but other carrier sims might not.
    I chose to stick with TM because i didn't want to change my contract and in any case i think the 4g contract costs are over inflated.

6. alex01

alex01 Well-Known Member

thanks. tried antutu app but mine says nothing about carrier branding.

7. Herbert Schwak

It says Brand: Samsung

8. alex01

alex01 Well-Known Member

oh yes, so does mine - i'm still not sure though.

9. Herbert Schwak

I found the firmware and yes it is EE branded. Can I just flash an unbranded firmware?

10. Herbert Schwak

Did you find out if your phone is sim locked?

11. alex01

alex01 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure you can flash with another stock rom, if you don't get a reply you could try here - forums are lower down page. but my phone hardly shows any branding, the only thing that i can see is that the browsers home page is set to EE which i changed.

I'm waiting to meet someone with a micro sim that is on a different network to check. you can ask your carrier to supply an unlock code, the charge is