• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is my phone broken or my SIM?

ZingXao

Mar 11, 2011
Been having trouble with my HTC Incredible S recently. Texts rarely send, and I rarely receive texts, unless I turn off all data, and constantly reboot my phone and/or send texts to myself to kick starts texts into sending and receiving. I'd buy a new phone, but am waiting for the Nexus 4 to come back into stock. Calls also would rarely connect.

I got sick of it today, and switched back to my old Galaxy Ace. Everything started fine, texts and calls were working brilliantly. Then I noticed I stopped getting replies, so I grabbed my dads phone and text myself off there. No texts. I text him, he got mine. I text myself, no replies. I rebooted the phone and tried again, still nothing.

I then started fiddling around with the network provider settings and changed to different providers a couple of times. Once I registered back to my network, a mass of texts came through.

Does this sound like both of these phones are messed up, or is this a SIM card issue?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones