1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is my phone dieing a slow death?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mehta23, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Mehta23

Mehta23 Android Expert

In addition to all of the random restarts and at best decent battery consumptions, I'm finding a huge amount of lag and choppiness all the time.
    Overclocking helps temporarily but then the next time I use my phone it's back to its laggy self.

I've noticed this on several cm10.1 roms and I can't remember if it happened on aospx

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

id venture to guess its the simple fact that 4.0+ was not really intended to run a device with a single core processor and limited ram.

i know this prolly isnt what you want to hear,but id go back to stock for a few days and see how the phone behaves.if its fine,try your favorite rom again,but keep apps installed to an absolute bare minimum 'gotta have it' few for a couple days. if things go well with that,start adding them back in a couple at a time and see if a certain amount,or even a certain app,causes the lagginess to return

up to now,ive only used my inspire for short periods of time,never all day for several days :eek: so its hard for me to say wether your phones behavior is normal or not. hopefully some others running same or similar can chime in on that :)

Mehta23 likes this.
  3. Mehta23

Mehta23 Android Expert

Alright then. It'll only be another month before I can get my hand me down Sensation ^_^

4. scotty85

The sensation is a wonderful phone! Next generation s3 processor(dual core),768 gb ram,4.3" screen. Like the DHD,its a world phone with a ton of regional RUUs,and a bunch of devoted devs. Definately a fun,capable phone to have :cool: holler if ya have questions!

5. Mehta23

Mehta23 Android Expert

I sort of forgot that moving to a Sensation won't mean I won't be able to get your sound advice! I'll need to root and then find some good roms, so I'll definitely be hollering soon!

6. scotty85

ive switched my verizon lines to t mobile,so my sensation may very well become a daily driver again. its definatley one of my all time favorite phones,and the one that got me hooked on flashing regional ruus :D

i also patrol sensation and sensation 4g forums daily. s off is a bit trickier now unless you get one still running GB,but still possible :cool:

7. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Mine's quite happy on AOKP 4.2.2, and has been since April.

Dave

Mehta23 and scotty85 like this.
  8. Mehta23

Mehta23 Android Expert

:'( I believe it's on the ICS Sense 3.5
    I assume there's no easy downgrade or anything?

9. scotty85

unfortunately no. newer devices started doing an hboot check,so no longer is a downgrade possible with a simple change of main version. :(

youll need to do the "wire trick" wich sounds/looks complicated,but really isnt so bad.

some basic info and links here:
    http://androidforums.com/sensation-...0-s-off-hboot-1-27-basic-info-back-stock.html

and since the team has stopped supporting windows,heres some tips to running the tool on ubuntu 12.04:
    http://androidforums.com/rezound-al...me-pointers-running-juopunut-bear-ubuntu.html

Mehta23 likes this.
  10. scotty85

fixing up my sensation as i type to be my daily driver for awhile :cool:

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews