• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is my phone running latest firmware ?

Guys, I bough Galaxy i5700 @ 3 network ( UK ). its one month ago.
I just need to check is my firmware is the latest one or should I wanna update ?
and is it possible to get root my phone,
thanks

I got these info @ about phone section,

Firmware version - 2.1 update 1
Basedband version - i570EXXJC1
Kernel version - 2.6.29
root@SE-S611 #2

Build Number - ECLAIR.XXJCD

-------
thATS it
thx

No auto updates as such. You can install Kies and check for firmware updates that way. Don't expect any results though. Nobody has posted a firmware update available for the UK yet. Only way so far is to ask your provider, or update yourself. Your provider may say you already got their latest update, and if you update yourself, cheerio warranty.

There are loads of guides on how to update your firmware. If you want JD4 send me a PM.

Upvote 0
No auto updates as such. You can install Kies and check for firmware updates that way. Don't expect any results though. Nobody has posted a firmware update available for the UK yet. Only way so far is to ask your provider, or update yourself. Your provider may say you already got their latest update, and if you update yourself, cheerio warranty.

There are loads of guides on how to update your firmware. If you want JD4 send me a PM.

thanks for the info mate.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones