1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Is my phone totally broken?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chunkdude, Dec 15, 2011.

1. chunkdude

chunkdude Newbie
    None

Aug 23, 2010
    so my phone is having problems remembering things.
    gsm desire, cyanogen 7.1

so first it was default actions. anytime there was a choice for a default program, i would have to re select if my phone had been restarted since the last time.

so i formatted the phone, put cyanogen back on and the phone was still having these issues. today it got stuck in a reboot loop, so i formatted once again. now it wont remember what launcher i want it to use, or any of the widgets. if the phone restarts or launcher changes i have to re-add all the widgets.

am i doing something wrong or is my phone totally broken. thanks.

Advertisement

2. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Android Expert
    None

Sep 11, 2009
    UK
    are you s-off or s-on.
    if you are s-on then reflash 2.3.3 RUU and test it for a while. if its stable its probably to do with cm.
    if its not then you will need to send it to htc as its likely the nand is corrupt.
    if you are s-off you will need to fastboot flash the hboot downgrader from alpharev before flashing an ruu.

this should be in the root section

3. chunkdude

chunkdude Newbie
    None

Aug 23, 2010
    to be honest i have no clue what s-off or on is. i used the one click root method and that seemed to go swimmingly.

if it helps diagnose, whenever i restart, gmail syncing gets unticked.

4. togger161

togger161 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 21, 2011
    Electrical Technician
    Birmingham UK
    I'm running Cyanogen 7.1, and mine does the same. Cyanogen ships with ADW Launcher. I have installed Go Launcher. When I reboot the phone it did remember which launcher was default, but it does show a problem loading widgets. I also get "loading" showing for icons on the screens. Most sort themselves out after a while (a good few minutes) but others need the short-cut recreating. It also tells me I have 490+new messages when I rebooted.

TBH I just had to test my phone to check as this rom has been so stable I have not rebooted it for weeks. Not sure which launcher you are using but in Go launcher there is a backup and restore you can use to put it back how it was.

Tags: