1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is my S4 original or korean?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by noobdoc, Oct 26, 2014.

1. noobdoc

noobdoc Lurker

I recently bought the Galaxy S4 Black Edition. How do i know if its the international version (original) or the Korean version or whatever the fake version is. how can i be sure?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

First and foremost, judging from your thread title, please bear in mind that Samsung is a South Korean company.

You will need to read through the following 2 threads initial posts, #1, to determine what phone you have and whether it is real or not...

29 Galaxy S4 models - know yours?

Fake, clone, not genuine, Galaxy S4 phones

noobdoc likes this.
  3. noobdoc

noobdoc Lurker

Yes, i understand that Samsung is a South Korean company. I apologize if my post title was vague. What i meant was, is my phone the International version manufactured by Samsung or is it a fake made by some other company claiming to be the original GS4

I read through the article, when i type in *#1234# heres the reply

Ap: I9500XXUGNH2
    CP: I9500XXUGNF6
    CSC: I9500OJVFNG1

so that means its the international version? cause the Intl. model is GTI9500?

4. ironass

You have the octa core, non 4G, International version, i9500, running Android 4.4.2 stock firmware for CSC code OJV which covers the Middle East, parts of Asia, North & South Africa.

noobdoc likes this.
  5. noobdoc

noobdoc Lurker

Non 4G, that means it wouldn't support at 4G sim? 3G would work though rite?

6. ironass

The phone does not support the newer, faster, 4G/LTE networks but does support 2G and 3G as shown in the specifications that I linked to in my previous post.

noobdoc likes this.
  7. noobdoc

noobdoc Lurker

Thanks ironass for all the info, i was worried about the phone being fake but thank God. One more question, are all versions of the S4 non 4G?

8. ironass

No. The vast majority of Galaxy S4's are 4G. As can be seen from the table, linked to in #1.3 of 29 Galaxy S4 models - know yours?, that I mentioned in post #2, of the 29 variants of S4, only the International i9500, the Chinese i9508, i9502, i959 and the Canadian M919V are not 4G. These are based on the Exynos, octa core, chips, unlike the 4G variants which are Qualcomm, quad core.

noobdoc likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews