• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root is my sd going bad

About half of my apps suddenly were on my phone and when I try to move them back to my sd card it says there it's not enough space but in settings> storage it shows about 18G left in available storage on the sd card.

Did you try to put it in a computer or something? I have only had one ever die on me and it kept unmounting and mounting on me before it died. I have never had this happen so can't give you a good answer i would try to place it on a computer with an adapter and see whats going on with it. I have bought a 32 gb card off ebay before that said it had 32 gb of space but it was only a 2gb card (Bastards got me :mad:) but im not sure what your problem would be sounds odd.

Upvote 0
About half of my apps suddenly were on my phone and when I try to move them back to my sd card it says there it's not enough space but in settings> storage it shows about 18G left in available storage on the sd card.

I had a similar problem with my card before and had to go to USB mass storage in Cwm, copy onto PC, reformat several times - (just in case), reboot and then recopy certain folders (only the important ones - like music, images, ect...) Back onto it. The phone will put necessary folders needed for normal functions upon first boot. Anyways, I had no more problems afterwards...

Reactions: DimBulb
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones