1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is "Navigate to a contact" possible?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AzJazz, Nov 27, 2009.

1. AzJazz

AzJazz Member

I use the Voice Universal Search a ton of times each day, and I *LOVZ IT* !!!

However, there is one part of VUS that doesn't seem to work right. When I try to Navigate to a contact, it never works.

For example, if I do a long press on the Search button (to haptic buzzes) to get VUS running and I say "Navigate to HOMESTAR RUNNER at HOME" or "Navigate to STRONG BAD at WORK" (Note 1), it never goes to those. Instead, I get Navigation searches for 'Home Store', or something else that isn't the contact.

Is "Navigate to 'Contact' at 'Location' " possible?

AzJazz

Note 1: Yeah, yeah ... I know that StrongBad doesn't ever work. :rolleyes:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. digitized

digitized Newbie

I'm not sure but I don't think it works. I think the only way right now is by using latitude.

3. EAK128

EAK128 Well-Known Member

I tried to do this too, but it didn't work for me either. Would be cool if they can make this work.

4. colnago

colnago Android Expert

I'm pretty sure it worked with Voice Dialer, not Voice Search. It may pull up a list for you to choose from but if an address is in the contact, it should work. You may also have to specify if Home/Work.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews