1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Is Navigon coming to Verizon's Motorola Droid

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Disneyman, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Disneyman

Disneyman Lurker
    None

Nov 15, 2009
    I have been trying to find out without any luck. Is Navigon coming to Verizon's Motorola Droid in the U.S. market. Navigon said coming to Android market soon, and this is for the U.S. but which phone. Navigon can't tell me as of yet, apparently they are not allowed to release this info at this time.
    I am hoping it will be for the Droid. I am very interested in getting the Navigon GPS app for my phone.
    Any info is greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

2. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Android Expert
    None

Feb 16, 2010
    Male
    Intel fab tech
    Salem, OR
    Why pay for a nav app when you have Google Nav for free? Don't get me wrong, I like Navigon, I have a Navigon auto unit and the Navigon app on my iPhone, but Google Nav seems to work great, and being integrated into the OS is the bees knees! Open up the Google search bar, hit the microphone, and say "navigate to *" and BOOM, you're on your way! I like Navigon, but I have no interest in an Android app, I don't need it. I'll try it if it's free, but I seriously doubt it will be ($70 for iPhone, I think).

3. Disneyman

Disneyman Lurker
    None

Nov 15, 2009
    I agree Google Map Navigation is awesome and I use it all the time. I need a GPS with on board maps when I am in a non-cell area or when I am traveling in Canada. I know it is coming to Android just want to make sure it is coming to the Moto Droid.

4. Demache

Demache Android Expert
    None

Apr 18, 2010
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I wouldn't see why not. It is an Android app.

Disneyman likes this.