• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is Note 2 much better than s3. Your Experiences with Note 2.

narutoninjakid

Android Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2011
NJ
Hey guys I am currently on Virgin and was waiting to come to Tmobile for the $30 4g plan and i was wondering as i have to favorites the note 2 or the s3 and im so confused. i know their both good phones but i really don't know which to get. IS the note 2 worth $200 more than the s3 because that's how much its selling for.

What has you guys experience been using the note 2. Also, anyone who's had both devices i would really appreciate your opinion. Thanks Guys.

Also, for anyone on Tmobile can the note access their lte network as that's a huge deciding factor for me. Thanks :thinking::thinking:

I just finished testing a Note2 on T-mobile, I liked it a lot, but It's simply to big for my small hands!!
It was/is a very nice phone though. I believe I will finally just wait for a few more months and see what develops with the new Boost phones coming out. LTE and all that stuff.

Upvote 0
They're very much the same except in 3 areas:
1. Screen size (which goes hand in hand with phone size)
2. S pen
3. Power/memory
I personally had a hard time deciding between the S3 and the Note 2. Now I am really glad I went with the Note 2. The S pen is addictive and once I started using it I'd hate to give it up.

That said, I would not even look at an S3 now because we're days away from the S4 announcement. If the S4 rumors are true we'll be seeing #1 and #3 in my list effectively erased: Screen size within a half inch, more power, and larger memory options.

Upvote 0
They're very much the same except in 3 areas:
1. Screen size (which goes hand in hand with phone size)
2. S pen
3. Power/memory
I personally had a hard time deciding between the S3 and the Note 2. Now I am really glad I went with the Note 2. The S pen is addictive and once I started using it I'd hate to give it up.

That said, I would not even look at an S3 now because we're days away from the S4 announcement. If the S4 rumors are true we'll be seeing #1 and #3 in my list effectively erased: Screen size within a half inch, more power, and larger memory options.

Yeah the s4 is probably gonna be great but it might cost more than the note 2 as I have to pay unsubsidized price $650

Upvote 0
I had th S3 for 6 months until 4 days ago when I got the Note 2. In my opinion there is no comparison between the Note 2 and any other smartphone out. Even if it didn't have the S pen the phone would still be the best. I began to hate the S3 about two days after getting it. Until the Note 2 the HTC Evo was the best smartphone, in my opinion. The only thing about the S3 I liked was the battery. It would last nearly 24 hours with light use, 15 hours with heavy use. You may want to wait until the S3 launch in a week or so before making a decision. It was a no brainier for me to get it now.

My $0.02

Upvote 0
Initially I was getting the S3 then right around the time of my upgrade the Note 2 leaks began--after that, there was no other phone I wanted. Even after playing with the S3, I still didn't want it.

My next phone :D will be the Note 8.

I say if you go with the Note 2 now, you won't regret it.

Lol yes I want this and only this supposedly the s4 is a neat but I don't really care to much. I'm paying $650 for it so I wanted to wait and see how much s4 would cost lol but will probably go with note 2

Upvote 0
The Note II is a beast. It is powerful, competent and definitely top of its class. This phablet could eat any phone around it. Heck it would stomp some older laptops and tablets.

Sure my small hands make it hard to hold sometimes and I feel odd using it to call but the fun I have with it is irreplaceable. Not to mention the pride I feel as everyone stares at it longingly. ;-P

The S3 is a good phone not a good tablet AND phone...

Upvote 0
I also had the S3 for about two months until I took a financial hit by upgrading to the Note II.

Despite the upgrade cost, The Note II proved to be a far better phone than the S3. More powerful, much faster, and of course, the larger screen makes all the difference.

Best phone I ever owned hands down.

Upvote 0
In terms of size I rather have an s3 or razr; but in all other ways the note 2 is 'better' which is why i have a note 2. A small list:

a) volume
b) clarity of speaker
c) reception (which is much better than the s3)
d) responsiveness (processor)
e) screen quality (the pixel density might be reduced but the screen has a lot more fidelity)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones