• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is nova better or touchwiz(7.0)

raman123

Oct 30, 2017
Hi All,

I already have read many articles regarding the same thts why bought "nova prime" but got issues with games like started lagging and then i uninstalled nova but as i love customization i installed it again after sometime by thinking it could be by any other xyz but again i got issues with the games and had to uninstall nova launcher again
So, My question is that is nova ram hungry compare to touchwiz .. I hv spent money on it thats why wants to use it + love customization .. so please help what should i do .. I cant compromise with performance thats the priority

Games start being slow ex - in baseball game i get the sound first but see the players later on

And this is on all your games? Does it just the sounds or is there an actual drop on framerate? I'm very confident that Nova isn't the main culprit here. Its been known for years that TouchWiz is a huge memory hog even its current version albeit not as bad as before but still a hogger. It could also just be the game you're playing that have problems but that's a stretch if all of your games are having problems.

I run stock on my device with Nova Prime and I'm playing heavy games there with no problem and I have 43 games installed on it.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
If you use another launcher, TouchWiz still runs in background. So it's actually both the apps eating your phones performance. If you use TouchWiz only, then there's only one app. It's not Nova's fault that TouchWiz still runs in background. And it's not TouchWiz's fault that you are using Nova...
how to run only one launcher at a time so that other wont eat up any ram .. ex - how disable touchwiz without any prob.

Upvote 0
@raman123 Sure!

Swipe down on the status bar and tap on the Settings (gear) icon on the right.
Tap on the Device header and choose Apps
Scroll down to TouchWiz, tap on it and choose disable.

That should do it.

HTH
thanks friend but would it cause any harm to the device as touchwiz being the main launcher of the phone ?? please be sure

Upvote 0
@raman123 Sure!

Swipe down on the status bar and tap on the Settings (gear) icon on the right.
Tap on the Device header and choose Apps
Scroll down to TouchWiz, tap on it and choose disable.

That should do it.

HTH
now i hv nova installed in my phone but cant see touchwiz in my running apps like before now its nova on top then how to disable touchwiz??
Check the attached screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171031-100017.png
    Screenshot_20171031-100017.png
    573.5 KB · Views: 205
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones