1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is Official 4.2.2 update out in UK.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by naX, Jul 27, 2013.

1. naX

naX Newbie

Just done a update check on me phone unbranded UK o2. Says updates are given out in the order they where given or something along them lines. Anyone else get the same?

funkylogik likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Hmm im not using a samsung OS any more so i cant try.
    Ive heard nothing about it being pushed but when you check and get that message it means theres something there and youll get it soon... wonder what it is man..
    ..maybe a maintenance thing?

3. Gomjaba

Gomjaba Android Enthusiast

No, its just a different 4.1.2 build (BTU-i9300XXEMG4)

funkylogik likes this.
  4. rayhipkiss

rayhipkiss Android Enthusiast

I've just checked my unbranded UK S3 and have successfully updated it to I9300XXEMG4 4.1.2. So, it's not a major update but a minor one. In fact, prior to updating, all the phone said about to describe the update was "Added a new feature". I've got no idea what they may be at this time until I've had a proper route around the phone.

Attached Files:

5. edgie70

edgie70 Well-Known Member

Same here , got update but still on 4.1.2 , same build as above pic , ee network from the UK

6. naX

naX Newbie

Finally got it it's just the (BTU-i9300XXEMG4) build. Thought it was going to be 4.2.2. Just have to keep waiting.

7. rayhipkiss

rayhipkiss Android Enthusiast

I've had a bit of a route around and so far I've found nothing new. It's probably just a few bug fixes and performance/stability improvements. I haven't been able to find a changelog as yet either.

8. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Maybe the fact that theyve pushed out a maintenance update means its gona be a long time til they push 4.2/4.3?

9. GTWalling

GTWalling Android Expert

The link I posted above is stating no earlier than November for the International version. Here in the States probably after the first of the year. Also rumored is they may skip 4.2.2 and go to 4.3 instead.

funkylogik likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews