• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is official FroYo comming to Galaxy Apollo?

I would stop waiting for official firmware. There's a bunch of developers over on the xda forums who're cooking up an amazing ROM. They're enabling JIT for our phones which = more processing power, less battery usage.

I'm scraping ever even wanting to use official firmware, they might as well abandon it for all I care.

Upvote 0
when you connect to kies it will tell you. no official word on uk. samfirmware are insisting that it's imminent and it has already been rolled out to romania, russia, germany (t-mobile only??) , spain and sweden if you believe the anecdotal evidence kicking around the web. personally i'm giving them till the end of april (maybe mid may) before using a rom from samfirmaware.
some people are still skeptical that it will arrive but the evidence suggests that it is at least likely and if you are unsure or not confident of the process of flashing then it is worth waiting a couple of months.

Upvote 0
why the heck do they have to stagger the release, whatever happend to global releases :( I used to swear by Samsung but this experience is really making me wonder if they are as good as they used to be...had samsung for the past 6yrs and never faulted them...i hope they don't make me think otherwise now, i'd hate to have to try and find another phone manufacturer that has done as good as they have in my eyes

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones