• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is official FroYo comming to Galaxy Apollo?

yeah I'm from India. They released Froyo here two days ago and I'm still unable to upgrade it :( :(
Any help, guys? It keeps getting stuck around 25%.

well at least they have released it for you guys...UK are still waiting and its really bugging the crap out of me...i hope froyo improves battery performance as i have to charge mine every night :mad: which is a total pain in the rear end

Upvote 0
well at least they have released it for you guys...UK are still waiting and its really bugging the crap out of me...i hope froyo improves battery performance as i have to charge mine every night :mad: which is a total pain in the rear end

I'm happy with my battery life, have gone on for 4 days without charging and normal usage (using Watchdog Lite).
What i need Froyo for is apps 2 sd cause i dont wanna root. But still no luck with the damn upgrade - it still gets stuck :(

Upvote 0
If you're using Windows Vista, u need to be logged in as administrator as it will ask for UAC permission. And disable your screen timeout before starting the upgrade, i went beyond 0% only when i did that.
no i am running window 7 and yes it asked me permission which i gave it .
First it start downloading something after it get 100% it reconnect mobile with kies and then preparing start which keep running for infinite time

Upvote 0
i haven't even been able to reach 100% yet.. it keeps getting timed out :mad:

I think it's a problem with kies, it keeps getting obstructed when your computer goes idle. A soloution i think is that you should do something while it's updating also try factory resetting your phone before you start it and, make sure your battery is 100% charged otherwise it may not work. And if that doesn't work just take it to a samsung store and they'll do it for you. I haven't upgraded my phone yet because i live in the UK hopefully the problem is gone before i get it. Also update drivers and kies, go to help then check for updates and install drivers, make sure your usinf the kies that came from samsung's website and enjoy if it works

Upvote 0
I think it's a problem with kies, it keeps getting obstructed when your computer goes idle. A soloution i think is that you should do something while it's updating also try factory resetting your phone before you start it and, make sure your battery is 100% charged otherwise it may not work. And if that doesn't work just take it to a samsung store and they'll do it for you. I haven't upgraded my phone yet because i live in the UK hopefully the problem is gone before i get it. Also update drivers and kies, go to help then check for updates and install drivers, make sure your usinf the kies that came from samsung's website and enjoy if it works

except for the factory reset part, i already have covered everything else u suggested. hesitant do a factory reset in case this problem persists, cause then i'll b stuck with an empty phone and no update.
i think i'll just take it to a samsung store this weekend. thanks a lot for ur feedback, appreciate it.

Upvote 0
Hey i updated to Froyo successfully (using a direct ethernet cable...my wifi is glitchy).
It is nice except for the fact that Swype does not work...Swype beta is there for free on their website but it is necessary to unisntall original Swype...But the 'Uninstall' option in Settings->applications->manage applications->swype is unavailable...Pls help to uninstall this swype

Upvote 0
At last Samsung has released Froyo... :)
I was able to ugrade it after a long wait however I found 3 major issues in this
1) Swype not working
2) Live wallpapers are disabled
3rd and most imp Battery isnt last as it used to earlier.
Is anyone else facing these problems ???

I'm facing the same problems but for me, swype is not a problem. It is very frustrating to see that the battery is not lasting one day when it used to be 2 days easily :mad: and also the battery reading changes in 10% counter.

Also I still dont understand why live wallpaper is not working on my Galaxy 3 after froyo update - when I install it, the installation completes successfully and then it says something like this device is not supported. I know it should work in Froyo - is there any hardware/software problem and is there any way I can use them.

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
I'm facing the same problems but for me, swype is not a problem. It is very frustrating to see that the battery is not lasting one day when it used to be 2 days easily :mad: and also the battery reading changes in 10% counter.

Also I still dont understand why live wallpaper is not working on my Galaxy 3 after froyo update - when I install it, the installation completes successfully and then it says something like this device is not supported. I know it should work in Froyo - is there any hardware/software problem and is there any way I can use them.

Thanks in advance.
I heard that you can root your phone so it can support live wallpapers you can search a bit if you want.

Upvote 0
where are you from Son.jd? Hope the uk haha cause i want froyo lol

Am from India.....but believe me...one side you'll be happy with the update...on the other hand..I'm sure battery will give you a BIG headache...Even on Eclair i had same battery issues..but than there was a software update which came from Samsung worked wonders...hope they fix it soon..

Upvote 0

Thanks in advance.

Sukanta,

Were you able get SWYPE working for you. Its only partially functional..Even am getting same error when I try LWP ??? but battery is a major problem!!!

Upvote 0
Am from India.....but believe me...one side you'll be happy with the update...on the other hand..I'm sure battery will give you a BIG headache...Even on Eclair i had same battery issues..but than there was a software update which came from Samsung worked wonders...hope they fix it soon..

Thanks i was under the impression they had already fixed the battery issue under froyo :-( as i have the issues with eclair as it is lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones