1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is Optimus 3D new performance king?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jinwons, Feb 16, 2011.

1. jinwons

jinwons Android Expert

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jroc

jroc Android Expert

I'm surprised this is using the PowerVR 540. Is the Ram making it perform like this compared to the Galaxy S?

The Exynos....I'm sure its an update away from having better performance.

3. sjael

sjael Newbie

The SGX540 in this phone is running at 300MHz (iirc,) rather than the typical 200MHz, which accounts for some 3D performance. And yes, the dual-channel RAM on the O3D means it can access memory pretty much twice as fast, which would account for most of the rest.

jroc likes this.
  4. BatfinkUK1

BatfinkUK1 Well-Known Member

Have any of the benchmarking programs been properly updated for dual core yet?
    I bet in terms of user experience the difference will only be academic?

5. drpepper123

drpepper123 Newbie

Optimus 3d only have 512mb(4Gb not 4GB) of ram. im sure 1gb of ram will help s2 more then Optimus 3d.

6. sjael

sjael Newbie

Well, 1GB of RAM will let the S2 perform better in situations where more than 512MB is needed, which is quite a feat on a smartphone.

The dual-channel RAM in the O3D means it can access 512MB twice as fast as the S2 can, meaning it will have a performance increase pretty much all the time.

7. I'd rather have 1GB memory instead of dual-channel though. Phones are pushing that 512MB barrier and that 1GB will always be useful. I wonder why the companies tout the performance of their dual-core chips so much but don't get behind a professional benchmarking suite to add dual-core support and have bragging rights with real numbers. That's what AMD/ATI and Nvidia do with Futuremark scores. Maybe less so now.

LG Optimus 3D Forum

The LG Optimus 3D release date was July 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2011
Release Date
Reviews