1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

is replacing the housing frame easy job on GS3?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vcreation, Dec 15, 2013.

1. vcreation

vcreation Lurker

my outer glass screen is cracked, digitalizer LCD is fine. I've seen a lot of instruction on how to replace the screen and im about to do it. however the frame along the edge are in poor shape too. lots of scratch. im talking about the outer rim of the phone where the volume and sleep button are, it seems like it's in 1-piece with the body of the phone and cannot be taken off. and im not sure if this part is correct
    NEW Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 MID Housing Frame Replacement Bezel Middle Blue | eBay

anyone know if replacing the rim is easy ? ? or should i not waste my time and just replace the glass screen ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

If you know how to replace the rim it's a trivial 1 minute (or less) job. If you aren't familiar with repairing cellphones, replacing the glass (or any part but the battery, SIM card, etc.) can result in a bricked, or totally unrepairable, phone. You have to weigh the money you save by doing the job yourself against how much it will cost you to buy a new phone, then decide how much risk you're willing to live with.

(We've seen plent of posts here along the lines of "I xxx and I did everything exactly right, and I didn't do anything wrong, but now the phone won't even turn on." And that quite often means getting a new phone.)

3. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

if it's anything like the droid x, i'd say get another one. getting everything back together just right is nigh to impossible.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews