1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Is ROM manager working for redrecovery on Fascinate yet?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by woodyt74, Jun 6, 2011.

1. woodyt74

woodyt74 Member
    None

Aug 12, 2010
    I finally bit the bullet and rooted my fascinate thanks to Braydon525's 1-click root for Mac's over a android central. However, I and several others can't get red_recovery loaded through his 1-click script which generats a file not found error. I've looked at his script and as a noob to adb, I can't see what the problem is and so far, Braydon525 hasn't figured it out either.

All the threads I've found on cwm and ROM manager problems on the fascinate are a couple of months old now. Therefore my question in the title. If there are still problems, any suggestions for this poor Mac user would be appreciated.:p

Advertisement

2. ggt1_02

ggt1_02 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 29, 2010
    To the best of my knowledge Rom Manager is not working yet. If you go over to XDA forum there are several odin CWR's that works great.

3. woodyt74

woodyt74 Member
    None

Aug 12, 2010
    Thanks for the reply but as a Mac user, I've been trying to avoid the windows only odin. I switched 4 years ago and haven't looked back so the thought of going through bootcamp and putting that crash and burn OS on my Mac gives me the creeps. That said, it is looking more and more necessary. :(

4. ggt1_02

ggt1_02 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 29, 2010
    There is a program called hiemdal. It works on mac and linux and does the same as odin does. Google will guide you to it.

As for that crash and burn program. Time has shown most issues on pcs are the as issues with phones. That is end user error. Just sayin'. But hey if you want to think out of the box I guess that's what ya get;-)

woodyt74 likes this.
  5. woodyt74

woodyt74 Member
    None

Aug 12, 2010
    Thanks for the info on heimdal, I'll check it out. So true on the user error and I've done plenty of that but also enjoyed figuring out what I did wrong. I worked with windows ever since it came out and for a long time thought it was great. Eventually I got fed up with the leaky security and updates causing more problems than they solved, kind of like verizon. :p So now I'm going outside the box as you say, rooted my fascinate and I'm looking to having more fun with it.