1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is root close to being achieved for Inc2?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by John58543, May 8, 2011.

1. anguish

anguish Well-Known Member

You didn't make a mistake. A little bit more patience is all that is necessary..

Advertisement

2. sittingduck

sittingduck Lurker

i need a phone to flash to metro pcs and i really like Disc2.(someone i know is selling his Dinc2 for $120 with bad esn) do you guys think flash with the data to metro will be available soon? or should i just go with the incredible instead?
    :thinking:

3. Saynt_J

Saynt_J Newbie

CMON ROOOOT!!!! I can't wait to void my warranty, have my data throttled, and miss out on the official GB release from Verizon that has been pushed back indefinitely!!!!!

</sarcasm>

Nah, for real, can't wait for this blasted phone to be able to do what it's supposed to be able to do.

4. Lars

Lars Android Expert

Have you seen the litany of issues with GB on the X?
    https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/401336

They didn't even mention that GB actively tries to prevent tethering as well. Moto didn't modify the bootloader so that people can flash back to Froyo because GB is so bad.

5. DFA1

DFA1 Well-Known Member

If this is true then Androids are going down hill fast... tethering is such a great feature, that regulating it would only hurt the Android market.

6. ACD168

ACD168 Android Expert

We have root!!! Xtc clip baby

7. Medion

Medion Android Expert

Not the software-only perm solution that most of us are looking for.

8. ACD168

ACD168 Android Expert

no but, it's root.

9. chrisngrod

chrisngrod Newbie

Hate to thread drift, but I've SBFed so many of these back to Froyo and upgraded them back to the rooted Gingerbread release available. They rock. Solid as ever. Tethering works also. Then again tethering works with Cricket since all I do is flash phones.

Drifting back, I think I'm going to pick up a DINC 2 today. Until root is available, I'll have to put it on the Android plan with Cricket. Hope that gets worked out. Root really is useful. After that's achieved, it's back to the 45 plan. MMS probably won't work until I get root also.

10. thetingster

thetingster Android Enthusiast

So is it true, do I hear dinc 2 is rooted?

11. McLovlein13

McLovlein13 Android Enthusiast

only FroYo is rootable for now, still a no on GB

12. ACD168

ACD168 Android Expert

unles you use XTC clip..

HTC Droid Incredible 2 Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible 2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews