1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root is root really worth the trouble?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by turboranger91, Mar 28, 2011.

1. turboranger91

turboranger91 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 17, 2010
    Male
    orlando, fl
    it seems like my mytouch 4g does everything that i could want it to do. back when i had my iphone, i had to jailbreak it just to have half the features that this phone comes with stock. so i ask... is it really worth the hassle of rooting my phone? what are some of the main benefits that i'd see with it?

Advertisement

2. cw54o

cw54o Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 11, 2010
    V.A
    if you feel your phone does everything u could want it to do....then no, its not worth it. the main reason i did root was to use snapshot app. but after visiting other forum threads where ppl had completely changed the look of their phone (customization) by rooting i decided to take that chance. i dnt regret it one bit. it just all depends on what u like. as far as a 'hassle' it takes little under a min to root a mytouch (depending on temp/perm root). some of the main benefits customization, flashing roms and using root only apps. thats it really. if u have no need for any of those then i wouldnt bother.

3. rugmankc

rugmankc Member
    None

Jun 16, 2010
    +1

Rooting can be frought with it's own problems. Hanging X's, bootloops, wrecked sd cards. For me it became a hobby and something to do after back surgery, I have an N1 rooted and flash a lot of custom roms. The MT4g I got my son seems to work just fine for him and he sees no reason to root. I say son, he is 30.

The big reasons beyond flashing roms is being able to use apps like Titanium BackUp which is an exceptional app backup and app mgt program and being able to make complete full image backups of your phone. Apps, system, etc.

Ken