1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is root theoretically possible for ZVC?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ctyt, Dec 27, 2011.

1. ctyt

ctyt Newbie

I'm one of those impatient people that upgraded to ZVC the first day it was available, even though I never had any rebooting problems. I knew fully well that I would lose root by upgrading.

My question is, is getting root on even ZVC theoretically possible? Is it simply a matter of being patient for a kind developer to find a way? Or is the only way going to be returning to ZVB? The reason I ask is because a lot of people on here seem to be clamoring for a way to downgrade, and I'd really hate to have to do that. I'd be happy to wait however long it takes as long as it's simply a matter of time.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. redhook

redhook Android Expert

It'll get rooted soon enough. And since CWM is useable now you can expect custom roms to start popping up soon.

3. ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt Android Enthusiast

Yes, it's more than theoretically possible. WHEN, however is beyond our control. Root on Android, when the manufacturer/carrier doesn't want you to have it, is only done through finding an "exploit" that breaks through the defense. It's hacking, they way hackers attack web browsers to load malware on your computer -- except this hacking is usually done for good rather than harm.

Except of course, back with Froyo 2.1 when some villains packaged apps with malware AND root exploits. When you installed the app, it also rooted your phone and installed malware which then had total control of your phone. People had their phones secretly rooted by the bad guys for a nefarious purpose. :eek: Google kicked those malicious stealth root apps off the Android Market when notified of them.

So, since no OS is perfect, some exploit will eventually be found -- which can then be used to obtain root. But depends on coders actively looking for it and then trying again and again. They may have other priorities, other projects cooking on the stove -- like working with ICS 4.0.

4. intrdrgn

intrdrgn Android Expert

5. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

Most hacking is done for good or to simply see how things work. The media made 'hacking' viewed as a bad thing. if it was for hacking we wouldnt have nowhere near the sh1t we have now.

yes it will get root soon as the smart root dev's update the exploit. ;)

6. redhook

redhook Android Expert

What the media calls hackers are actually crackers. The original hackers were members of the MIT Model Railroad Club. Hacking is simply making something do that for which it was not designed. Cracking is breaking into a computer system.

Tech Model Railroad Club - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews