1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is root worh it ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by narutoninjakid, Aug 14, 2012.

1. narutoninjakid

narutoninjakid Android Enthusiast

i got my phone two days ago and have had no problems with it so far. no resource shortage errors or text errors. it is a virgin branded phone. i wanted to root yesterday but in the end didn't. i know when you root you lose the warranty. is it really worth the benefits to root. i really do love flashing roms and is really one of the big reasons i want to root. i believe if i do root i will remain s-on for now. does virgin cover the phone for one year. so what do you guys think am i being a punk or is it better to be safe. i rooted my last phone " lg esteem" but their was no way for the manufacturer to know that i rooted. on htc it seems that is not the case. What do you guys think ? :thinking::(;)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Ostrich Egg

Ostrich Egg Newbie

At the risk of sounding flippant, if you've come to this forum to ask then you probably already know the answer.

(The answer is yes.)

JDML likes this.
  3. vernave

vernave Member

Do it, you wont!!!

But seriously, is there anything you want to do that requires root? If there is, do it. If not, don't.

4. fogle7

fogle7 Member

To mean the real advatage to root was the custom rom flashing, It is worth it, It makes your phone act like a 300 dollar phone. I run midnight rom, makes this phone worth using, It is so fast and games on it are just down right amazing due to the dual core mod :)

5. narutoninjakid

narutoninjakid Android Enthusiast

made the plunge. unlocked bootloader and flashing rom/superuser now. Thanks Guys

6. Leslie Ann

Leslie Ann Android Expert

Adblocking and removing bloat (both of which improve battery life) is well worth it.