1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Is rooting android phone is very risky ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Monjur, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Monjur

Monjur Lurker
    None

Jan 10, 2014
    My mobile is Samsung Galaxy Trend (gt7392) , it's new. But, my mobile is not so updated,its 4.1.2. But, I want to root my phone and install the updated andriod .
    Now, I have heard that , if I root my mobile, then, my phone would be totally useless !!!!! But, is it true ?? If I install a total new software or Android os , then, how my mobile is going to be totally useless ?

Advertisement

2. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    Welcome to Android Forums.

This thread was moved from Android Lounge to the forum where phones are discussed that don't have a dedicated forum.

... Thom

3. Double44

Double44 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Male
    Rooting is risky because it "can" void your warranty. If something ever goes wrong during the "root" process or when installing a "custom ROM", you can be left with something as useful as a "brick".

Rooting is not for the faint of heart, takes lots of reading to understand. I know this through experience, and actually prefer stock just because it's easier to maintain. An older version Android is not necessarily a bad thing, you'll find more apps that support it, and besides, you're running Jellybean which is currently the most widely distributed Android OS today.

4.4: KitKat
    4.3.x: Jellybean
    4.2.x: Jellybean
    4.1.x: Jellybean*
    4.0.3–4.0.4: Ice Cream Sandwich
    3.2: Honeycomb
    2.3.3–2.3.7: Gingerbread

Monjur likes this.
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Think this is a comparatively unknown Samsung, although it looks rather like a Galaxy Young to me, a budget phone that's intended for Asia. The people who do rooting tools tend to concentrate their efforts on the popular Samsungs, like the S series and the Notes. AF does have a forum for the Galaxy Young, but I don't know if what's in there would apply to the Galaxy Trend.
    http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-young/