1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Is rooting for me?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Endlyssly, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Endlyssly

Endlyssly Member

May 19, 2010
    Washington
    I apologize in advance for my stupidity of needing to post this thread.

I'm at my limit with my Eris. I was getting all excited to upgrade next month but now because of certain circumstances, I don't think I'm able to. So either till I'm eligible to upgrade, or have five hundred bucks to fork over, I need to find a way to deal with the phone I have.

Everywhere I read, root sounds like some amazing answer. And I like to think myself as tech savvy, but when it comes to rooting, I know absolutely nothing. Even the "rooting for dummies" thread had me confused.

So I'm asking if it would still be a good idea for me to do, or if I need to be more knowledgeable and should hold off.

Advertisement

2. CTM

CTM Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    i was in the same boat as you about 2 days ago. i rooted using the universal root for dummies and all i can tell you is its amazing. just read it a few times before you commit and just follow the guide to the T and you should be up and going in not too long.

3. dlh1970

dlh1970 Member

Feb 11, 2010
    I rooted for the first time 2 days ago too using root for dummies. Just follow the screen pics and you will be ok. I used the xtrasense rom, so the phone looks the same as always only without the lag and some new capabilities.

4. Endlyssly

Endlyssly Member

May 19, 2010
    Washington
    Was the xtrasense on the page you used or did you have to find it somewhere else?

5. dlh1970

dlh1970 Member

Feb 11, 2010
  6. Endlyssly

Endlyssly Member

May 19, 2010
    Washington