1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Is Rooting right for me

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Whattodo, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Whattodo

Whattodo Lurker
    None

Jun 16, 2011
    Ive had my Optimus M for 2months now and the things that bug me are:
    -Lack of memory due to most apps not letting me move to sd
    -The occasional lag and random freezing reboots

Is rooting what i need to do to fix these? And if so is there anything special to be able to do these or do i need to just simply root and the features be there for me? What do i need to do? Please help this Androidnoob out

Advertisement

2. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Android Expert
    None

You should've put in a complaint if it was rebooting when you first got it. You might have one of the bad phones. After two months, you probably won't have any luck trying to trade it in if you have insurance.

You will need to root to solve your space problems. Changing ROMs may also solve your rebooting problem. The route you wish to take will dictate how we help you.

Option A: Just plain rooting. You will be able to find apps that can force some stuff to install to SD. However anything with a widget or system related functions should not be moved unless you don't need the widgets.

Option B: Root + ROM. You get a ROM that might have this feature enabled in it. At the same time you may find new stability in this ROM compared to what you're going through now.

Tags: