1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is S2 worth that much?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vasar, May 15, 2011.

1. vasar

vasar Newbie

Is S2 worth paying about 200

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tauran121

tauran121 Well-Known Member

having never used a 2x or s2, but being a current owner of the hero, i can safely say anything is going to be better than the hero.

is the 2x worth the

3. vasar

vasar Newbie

4. daivik

daivik Android Enthusiast

Get the GSII... Good battery - 1.2Ghz (Exynos processor) - 1GB RAM - 2GB of app storage - 16GB of storage (11GB is usable) - Super AMOLED Plus - This is the most future-proof phone your going to get for a LONG time :D

5. Gearu

Gearu Android Expert

GSII is the way to go.

The 2x has some weird bubble screen type thing, like when companies put their logo on the end of a pen in the plastic bubble, LG's screen is a bit like that where it wraps around the edge of the phone.

Also I quote a 2X review at 3g.co.uk:
    And that's the first Galaxy S, the new '+' of the Super AMOLED on the GSII is of course better.

The HTC Sensation just came out, it's dual core 1.2 with qhd (might be pentile/cheat resolution), but it's got crummy 768 RAM or something, not nearly enough, so don't let that tempt you.

6. Cyph3r

Cyph3r Newbie

While I agree with you that the GS2 is worth the extra, 768mb RAM is not bad. Out of the 1Gb of RAM on the GS2, we have 833mb that's usable (some RAM is used by the GPU on the GS2) and 833mb is hardly anymore than 768mb now is it.

And plus, I've got shed tonnes of widgets running, and quite a few apps running and I've never tipped 500mb usage. So the RAM argument is void.

But still, GS2 is the way to go.

7. trick202

trick202 Android Expert

Hang on for a month or so - the price will drop pretty sharply as it always does with Sammy stuff.

Second hand prices will also take a battering in the next couple of months.

An excellent phone right now though - and as someone previously said: it's as future-proof as you're gonna get!

8. Gearu

Gearu Android Expert

That 768 RAM would also be cut down.

9. daivik

+1

10. vasar

vasar Newbie

Well I was thinking about Sensation and I'm fan of HTC Sense, but I was worried about performance too.
    I think I'll wait a bit and buy the Galaxy S2.

Thank you. :)

11. daivik

++++++1

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews