1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Is samsung galaxy alpha better than iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tykoons, Sep 6, 2014.

1. tykoons

tykoons Lurker
    None

Feb 1, 2014
    I heard from a news website that, samsung launching an android weapon against iPhone 6 which is promised to be better, but not so really :(
    Have you heard of this? I dont know my resource is true, but they say galaxy alpha display and features are not so promised and cant categorize as iPhone 6 killer!

Advertisement

2. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Android Expert
    None

Mar 18, 2013
    Male
    Janitor/cook I know strange two jobs to have
    Detroit Michigan
    The alpha is announced specs are confirmed as well, iPhone killer is such a weak term now a days . it has an 720p display, removable smallish battery.. Sammys chipset no SD slot. Its an okay looking device OK specs.

In my opinion the iPhone has long been killed...by the s3, which went on to murder the s4 and s5.

That how I feel now everyone is trying be awesomeness... When they are alright and good. Love how some are just trying to sell their device simply on their own merit.

3. tykoons

tykoons Lurker
    None

Feb 1, 2014
    But iPhone 6 really dominating in certain aspects as galaxy alpha looks disappointing in terms of display(AMOLED) with low resolution than expected & in the current design, galaxy alpha can just be compared to iPhone in terms of design.
    This is what I refer to:
    The Samsung Galaxy Alpha: The Android Answer to the iPhone 6

4. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Android Expert
    None

Mar 18, 2013
    Male
    Janitor/cook I know strange two jobs to have
    Detroit Michigan
    The iPhone has never had an HD screen yet, plus Samoled is great 720 p may not be 1080 or quad but people really can't tell at times, and any device that comes out that can have one handed use gets lumped in extra quick. The alpha is aimed at the iPhone crowd, so was the s3. The alpha will be a nice phone... Just not iPhone killer.. Because in my opinion it is already dead.

5. mworker46

mworker46 Lurker
    None

Sep 9, 2014
    Samsung galaxy alpha it's an amazing phone but for some people it is a little expensive and for me too.. i've bought a clone from here hdc-mobile .com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=75 and it works good.

6. Jayfosters

Jayfosters Lurker
    None

Aug 23, 2014
    I am looking forward to the alpha, it is worth the wait.

7. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    @mworker: a clone is something that looks like the original but otherwise has no similarity internally, has different software, lower spec/quality components, little or no support and unknown quality control. As long as you know all that and are willing to take the chance that's fine, but not all people who buy these things do, and they are not a substitute for the real thing.

As for the original question, it depends what system you prefer. If you use the Apple ecosystem then an iPhone is better, if you use Android then any Android phone is. If you don't care, then it depends on what matters to you in a phone and which device fits your individual needs best. There's no right or wrong answer overall.

8. phonekoto

phonekoto Lurker
    None

Nov 11, 2014
  9. CORVAIRWILD

CORVAIRWILD Lurker
    None

Mar 21, 2015
    Male
    I just bot an alpha yest, it replaced a temporary S3 that I had for a month before smashing it. Like anything else, there's a learning curve. I had an Iphone last year and after a week I gave it back, too small (fixed w I6) and a bunch of other nit-pick stuff that I would have dug up Steve for and dope slapped him. I hope the Alpha is worth the $16 a month...

Attached Files:

10. CORVAIRWILD

CORVAIRWILD Lurker
    None

Mar 21, 2015
    Male
    I ran my new Alpha for 18 hours, talked for a couple of hours, (it was the weekend), searched the 'net, and the battery was finally at 2%, so I would say the battery life was adequate or normal. Maybe the new fones last weeks or months lol, but so far I don't see a problem.
    Anyone care to share with me how to find the mic icon? And where's the flashlite? Don't tell me I have to install an APP?!?!?!?

11. chong67

chong67 Android Expert
    None

Apr 5, 2011
    Male
    IT
    Atlanta
    I just got this phone. Its unlock and new. Fire sale now at $250. I think Samsung trying to dump it?

I just get it for FUN since T-mobile says its $10 more for the 4th family phone.

12. chong67

chong67 Android Expert
    None

Apr 5, 2011
    Male
    IT
    Atlanta
    I compare this phone today to the iphone 6. The screen is the same, but this phone is thinner n smaller. Definitely the Alpha wins .. BUT .. they should have made it for every carrier in the US!