• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is SGS2 compatible with Tmobile's network?

No; T-Mobile's US 3G data network uses the 1700/2100 MHz band, which currently available versions of the SGS2 do not support. So your data traffic would be limited to EDGE or WiFi.

You'll have to wait for a T-Mobile compatible version of the SGS2, which may or may not be coming. As far as I know, Samsung hasn't made any definitive announcement of one, but there have been rumors.

Reactions: o2co2
Upvote 0
No; T-Mobile's US 3G data network uses the 1700/2100 MHz band, which currently available versions of the SGS2 do not support. So your data traffic would be limited to EDGE or WiFi.

You'll have to wait for a T-Mobile compatible version of the SGS2, which may or may not be coming. As far as I know, Samsung hasn't made any definitive announcement of one, but there have been rumors.

That sucks! My contract expires in August... guess I will switch to AT&T but their coverage is not as good in my area:(

Any chance SGS2 can use Tmobile's 4G network?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones