• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is Someone In My Biz

Robinmac727

Lurker
Mar 19, 2020
My Verizon text app has been acting strange and someone definitely hacked my Google account. Is there a definite way to determine if someone is spying on my phone, tracking my location etc.....
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and my carrier is Verizon I am not the account manager lol & ugh all at once.

most of the time when a phone is hacked it can be done in two ways. there are spyware apps that can monitor your phone, but that is all they can do. they can keep track of your location, see what you do online. but these apps do not have the ability to control your phone.

the other way is to actually root your phone. the process is quite complicated for your phone. it will need a computer to get it rooted.

both ways will require having the phone physically....so unless you handed the phone to someone for an extended period of time with no supervision, you should be fine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm going to say a unusually high amount of data being used is a definite sign.

Spyware can control your device. It can take pictures, make calls and texts from your number, record video without you knowing, and see your Facebook etc. And more.

Not trying to scare you but i thought I'd add to the other replies.

Reactions: MrJavi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
My Motorola g6 has been hacked and they can control it and I can't figure out how to fix this and who hacked my phone

Make sure it's only you that has access to your Google account. Change your password, and enable two factor login. Far more likely it's your Google account that's been compromised, rather than someone hacking the phone itself. Unless someone else has unsupervised physical access to your phone?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones