Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tlzeebub, Aug 12, 2010.
i will start one now
Doing it via a thread rather than PM is a good idea.
It lets others pitch in and leaves the thread behind to help people out in the future
How to downgrade to 1.5
1. Dowload THIS. (2.73, a.k.a. 1.5)
2. Turn off your phone.
3. Install HTC Sync on your computer.
4. (optional) Restart your computer.
5. Hold down the VOLUME DOWN key, and then press/hold the POWER button (while holding VOLUME DOWN!) to boot into HBOOT/FASTBOOT mode.
6. Your Hero will first try to boot through HBOOT and fail, that's ok.
7. Press the BACK key on your Hero to switch it to FASTBOOT mode.
8. Connect your Hero to your computer. The message on your phone should switch to FASTBOOT USB and some drivers should get installed on your computer.
9. Now, when it all finishes, run the file from step #1 and follow the instructions.
If everything is OK, it should downgrade your Hero's Android version back to 1.5.
Sorry for the lengthy post, this is the fastest and (I presume) safest way to do it.
2.1 is definitely worthy. See my comments here if you are still running 1.5.