• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is the admire a crippled android phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

piff

Nov 29, 2011
God day,

I got my admire for $80 on sale, and coming from an iphone 3gi like it more. For less then $100,I am not complaining.

Its fast, stable, and has good battery life :)

anywho, I downloaded and installed a game called street fighter 2, and installed it and it said it needed ADOBE AIR, and to download ADOBE AIR.

When I did, it said ADOBE AIR was NOT compatible for my phone. This made me nervous as ADOBE is known for many things that make the internet run. So will my phone be limited to what it, for example, I had to download an app to reminded me with an audible tone that I had a miss mms or missed call, all that I saw was a tiny little smilely face on the upper left hand side....are ALL android phones like this?

because I was under the impression that android os is a universal os, and not tied down to hardware.... so why isnt there a ROM mod for our phones? Shouldnt one mod work for all?

Will my admire just die a slow death, and not receive updates, or be yesteryears technology while other samsung products get updated?

Its just looking like android is more tide into hardware then an actual universal OS.

imagine not being able to run pc videos games on AMD chips or be able to install windows on certain hard drives :eek:

God day,

I got my admire for $80 on sale, and coming from an iphone 3gi like it more. For less then $100,I am not complaining.

Its fast, stable, and has good battery life :)

anywho, I downloaded and installed a game called street fighter 2, and installed it and it said it needed ADOBE AIR, and to download ADOBE AIR.

When I did, it said ADOBE AIR was NOT compatible for my phone. This made me nervous as ADOBE is known for many things that make the internet run. So will my phone be limited to what it, for example, I had to download an app to reminded me with an audible tone that I had a miss mms or missed call, all that I saw was a tiny little smilely face on the upper left hand side....are ALL android phones like this?

because I was under the impression that android os is a universal os, and not tied down to hardware.... so why isnt there a ROM mod for our phones? Shouldnt one mod work for all?

Will my admire just die a slow death, and not receive updates, or be yesteryears technology while other samsung products get updated?

Its just looking like android is more tide into hardware then an actual universal OS.

imagine not being able to run pc videos games on AMD chips or be able to install windows on certain hard drives :eek:

No, the Admire is not a crippled Android phone. It is however a new android phone. If your phone is rooted, and I recommend doing it then check out this link:

Flash Player For Samsung Admire Installation Tutorial - YouTube

Follow these directions to the "T" and you will have Flash Player installed. I did and it works. It's a little choppy but soon down the road we should get the ability to overclock and that should smooth things out. Not sure about the AIR application though.

Check it out.

Zeke

Upvote 0
Pull the bar at the top down where the Smiley face is ;) no your phone isn't really limited other than flash which is something iPhone didn't have either so nbd. And android is universal as it works on just about any hardware, but ios is where the same app will work on just about all devices, since they basically are all about the same :D

Upvote 0
And android is universal as it works on just about any hardware,

then why cant I play street fighter 2? I could play street fighter 2 on myiphone....some other people can download ADOBE AIR, said it had millions of downloads, but I cant....

also, my friend had an android phone and had some wall papper called

Hot Stripper Girl Vol.2

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.anglefish.livewallpaper.hotchick2&hl=en

it didnt work on my phone saying I needed some kind of firmware update. So now I have run into 2 things I cant do that others can.

Seems to me as though this android thing is mostly marketing hype and only really high end phones can really utilize the android OS fully.

For the rest of us stuck with crippled phones....I guess maybe a hack can hel[ us...

No, the Admire is not a crippled Android phone. It is however a new android phone. If your phone is rooted, and I recommend doing it then check out this link:

Flash Player For Samsung Admire Installation Tutorial - YouTube

Follow these directions to the "T" and you will have Flash Player installed. I did and it works. It's a little choppy but soon down the road we should get the ability to overclock and that should smooth things out. Not sure about the AIR application though.

Check it out.

Zeke

dont we have 800 mhz processors in these phones? isnt that enough power ? If thats not enough, what should I be looking for , a quad core to run these wall papers and games?

Upvote 0
then why cant I play street fighter 2? I could play street fighter 2 on myiphone....some other people can download ADOBE AIR, said it had millions of downloads, but I cant....

Hot Stripper Girl Vol.2

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.anglefish.livewallpaper.hotchick2&hl=en

it didnt work on my phone saying I needed some kind of firmware update. So now I have run into 2 things I cant do that others can.

Seems to me as though this android thing is mostly marketing hype and only really high end phones can really utilize the android OS fully.

For the rest of us stuck with crippled phones....I guess maybe a hack can hel[ us...

dont we have 800 mhz processors in these phones? isnt that enough power ? If thats not enough, what should I be looking for , a quad core to run these wall papers and games?

Good lord man! Quit yelping, root the phone, do what the dude in the video says and learn for yourself what your phone can do. Just because you think it can't be done, does not mean that it can't. Look, I have what you wish you had on my phone as I sit here flailing away at this keyboard. You can have it too, all it takes is a few simple steps.... Up to you...

Upvote 0
its a matter of tech, sure a Pentium 3 can run windows 7 as it fits teh bill for 1ghz minimum speed, but i guarantee you an intel atom 1ghz single core runs it better... why? because the tech in the newer cpus allows for more. you have an arm version 6, arm version 7 is required for adobe products.

if if you wanna get off your high horse youll see that android is "yet again" just copying things from apple.. the first iphone couldnt send mms or use bluetooth. the next one couldnt do video.. why arent they getting ios 5.0? old tech needs to be left behind. this is a entry level phone that you bought. you dont see me complaining that my dodge neon doesnt perform as good as a saleen

Upvote 0

Hot Stripper Girl Vol.2

Hot stripper girl? What are you, 13? Also, do you really think 800 mhz is a lot? You payed $100 for a phone, and you're complaining?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones