• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help is the battery or is it the charger ?

the second image is the continuum of the first.
ok now to what actually happend..i put my razr on charge when going to sleep and on waking up i found that it had charged only to 70 % even when i had put in on charge for 10 hours.

The weird thing is..it says discharging and AC plugged at the same time..how is that possible ?

and do u see the rate at which the charging jumped from 80 to 100 in like a jiffy ?
is it my charger or my battery that is boinked? service centers are very costly here... I would really appreciate your ideas before I give it to them...

iam using the charger that came with the phone and it was charging just fine till the last week. and no streaming services were running at all.
but i do notice somethng weird when i plug and unplug the charger while charging...
i generally put it on charge once it goes down 20% and i have a smart action rule to dim brightness and stop background data..so when it goes below 20, i plug the charger in and the razr at times does this..in the notification bar, the smart actions will start and then stop and then it will start again and stop again...the on and off frequency will be within seconds and it will settle with saying that the charge is still under 20% and when i open the battery monitor pro, it says DISCHARGING but on the other side it will be AC PLUGGED ! how is that even possible ?
jackie-chan-wtf-300x216.png

Upvote 0
about a million times.... actually i do this now...i let my battery completely drain and then plug my charger in...i get that white flash that most used to get and then i adjust the charger pin back and forth and my razr will spring up to life .... and i charge it till it reaches around 80% and then i would have to switch it on for calls...
i used to like the razr for a lot of things...but this is annoying me ...very badly....

Upvote 0
Have you access to some elses charger with same rating and plug size? Maybe you could borrow it and see if same problems happen if it works properly then it likely your charger.
Or maybe unplug the lead from the charger and plug it into a USB port on your computer to see if it will charge correctly this should narrow it down to charger or lead.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones