• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is the Droid X really that bad

I usually just eye the Droid Incredible forums because that's the phone I have and I have been noticing that the Droid X get's bashed a lot over there for being to laggy and buggy etc....
I'm only curious because of the news that Asurion is out of Incredibles so if my phone breaks I would be getting a DX so...
What's your opinion on the phone

I usually just eye the Droid Incredible forums because that's the phone I have and I have been noticing that the Droid X get's bashed a lot over there for being to laggy and buggy etc....
I'm only curious because of the news that Asurion is out of Incredibles so if my phone breaks I would be getting a DX so...
The insurance company ran out ofthe replacement Dincs before X's...what does that tell you lol

Upvote 0
I absolutely love my X. Huge, bright beautiful screen. 30+ hours battery life (at least for me). And I don't know where they were getting the "laggy and buggy" crap from, but it most definitely is not. I'd assume all the bashing comes from "fan boys", who will bash and hate on whatever is their direct competition, like the whole "Xbox is better than PS3" and vice versa.

Upvote 0

I currently have the Droid X, Droid 2 Global, Droid Incredible, and Samsung Fascinate and can say without doubt the Droid X is easily the best of the four. Now that the X has Gingerbread its not even close. If I were you I would break the Incredible just so you can get the X as the replacement. :D

Upvote 0
At this point the DX is Verizon's flagship phone. We have GB. Hardware wise, it's a tank. Fyi, I switched over from the Dinc to the DX. What does THAT tell you? ;)

Honestly, there'll be a lot of different folks with different opinions. Different strokes.

Upvote 0
TB is thier flagship LTE phone, Droid X is thier flagship 3G phone.

My Droid X is by far the phone that I have enjoyed having the most..... but then when I finally get a 4G phone (once Hawaii gets LTE) That phone will become the phone I like best.
Thats about it there. But doesnt the TB do both?

Upvote 0
The DX use to suck on stock prior to FroYo, sure. MotoBlur was slow and sometimes buggy. FroYo fixed a lot of that, and ROMs made the phone fly. Now GB makes the phone fly on stock, and ROMs will just make things even better.

The Dinc has Sense, which many liked. I agree, prior to this GB version of MotoBlur, MotoBlur was horrific. Battery life and signal between the two? No contest whatsoever.

Upvote 0
The DX use to suck on stock prior to FroYo, sure. MotoBlur was slow and sometimes buggy. FroYo fixed a lot of that, and ROMs made the phone fly. Now GB makes the phone fly on stock, and ROMs will just make things even better.

The Dinc has Sense, which many liked. I agree, prior to this GB version of MotoBlur, MotoBlur was horrific. Battery life and signal between the two? No contest whatsoever.
2.1 just sux period lol, I cant believe some companies are still pushing phones out with it one them.

Upvote 0
ya know, the DX was kinda laggy as a stock phone. but that is using the stock launcher. after downloading any of the other launchers on the market, the lag goes away and you are left with a sweet phone.

and now with GB, the phone has almost no lag, even with the stock launcher, and the new BLUR is actually very nice.

i had the original Droid, and it was a great phone, however the DX is such a giant leap above the OG droid, it amazed me. i have a HUGE screen, a thin profile, a unique look, a FAST phone, takes pretty good pictures, great accessories, and i can easily go a full day without a charge on the stock battery.

i feel like this phone has spoiled me, so my next phone will have to be pretty much perfect for me to be happy with it.

Upvote 0
I currently have the Droid X, Droid 2 Global, Droid Incredible, and Samsung Fascinate and can say without doubt the Droid X is easily the best of the four. Now that the X has Gingerbread its not even close. If I were you I would break the Incredible just so you can get the X as the replacement. :D

I was thinking about breaking my Dinc soon just so i could get an X haha that's why i started the thread to make sure the X was a good phone haha

Upvote 0
i have to say the DX and VZW has really surprised me in the fact that the DX is now a year old...or will be in two months and honestly there isn't really another phone at VZW with a big difference in hardware specs. Even considering the TB the DX is really built to last especially with GB on it. It is actually a phone you could hang on to for two years and be satisfied with it the whole time.

Reactions: jroc
Upvote 0
It doesn't take much for someone to hate a phone. Say someone with a DInc tries to call their friend, who made a mistake rooting their DX. They can't get through to the friend, who later says "Yeah my phone got messed up and I had to reinstall everything. It wouldn't even turn on." The guy with the DInc now firmly believes "DIncs are amazing and DX's don't even turn on."

Upvote 0
Well, we don't have any real reason or need to bring the Dinc into any discussions. The X has come into discussion there because they'll be starting to hand out X's as replacements for broken Dincs (or so I've heard?), and many Dinc owners aren't too pleased about that. Thus, discussions about the X and how "slow and buggy the phone is" has become a popular topic there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones