1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Is the EVO 4G good for reading newspapers? How does that work

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by patmich, Jul 4, 2011.

1. patmich

patmich Newbie
    None

Jul 4, 2011
    I know it sounds like a dumb question, but I am well-behind the tech curve. I am an older guy who drives a truck for a living. The main reason I bought the EVO 4G was to read about the stock market while I am out on the road in my truck, the stock market is my main interest, intellectually. My favorite thing to read is not web sites, rather newspapers and magazines which I usually go the library for.
    (Investors Business Daily newspaper, for example). Could somebody explain to me in simple child-like terms how I go about reading newspapers on my HTC EVO? Do I have to download an APP? Thanks.

Advertisement

2. patrick848

patrick848 Newbie
    None

Jun 21, 2010
    Lifeguard
    Cleveland, Ohio
    The Evo 4G, really pretty much any Android phone for that matter, has access to the Android Market, for free. There are TONS of apps in the Market. Many popular newspapers/websites/magazines have their own apps (yes you will have to download an app) on the Market so that you can read the stories online. There are also tons of finance apps and stock market apps on the Market for you to enjoy. Try searching in the market for stocks or the name of a newspaper or news site or magazine, and chances are, you'll find exactly what you are looking for. My personal favorite news app is called Pulse, where you can choose from hundreds of sources and it will display your favorites in the app in a very visually pleasing manner. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your new Android phone!

3. patmich

patmich Newbie
    None

Jul 4, 2011
    Ok thanks, that sounds pretty easy. I thought maybe i had to sign up for newspaper access on the newspaper's web site, instead of downloading an app.

Tags: