• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is the Evo really that bad ?????

What do you think of YOUR Evo

• Amazing phone

Votes: 399 95.0%
  • Sucks

Votes: 21 5.0%

• Total voters
I have no issues with the EVO. There are actually two of them in the house. My girl got hers when they first came out, which has been dropped in the toilet and never missed a beat to this day. After seeing that I upgraded from the Hero. Havent looked back since. Plan on having this phone until the rest of the world catches up.

+1!!! I was always the guy looking for the next hot item in tech products. Mainly it was cell phones because, well, they move a little faster than just about any technology based consumer product.

I caught myself today thinking... Hmmmm, so even though I LOVE my Evo, what's the next new phone out there I can start eyeballing?... Then I realized the only reason I change every 3-6 months is because speed improvements, displays or features are always coming along, making me feel like a broke, dumb fool for jumping the gun. Then I realized that I really can't even imagine what device could steal my Evo Envy. Screen Rocks, Battery rocks, speed blows me away, apps - check, android updates and development... hell Yes! So what's there to want? I've got the forward camera, the 4g, the "bigger GBs" and I really, simply, cannot for the life of me imagine how any phone released in the next 12-18 months could put the Evo to true shame. They may progressively get faster, more polished but bottom line is I see these as baby steps on the way to an EVOlution that will take a little more than 1.5 years to span the gap of desire... bahahaha. I must be drunk!

Upvote 0
I have also been one to jump to the next great thing in far less than 2 years Treo 600 to Treo 650 to HTC 8525 (Hermes) to HTC (8925 Kaiser) Tilt, to Blackberry Storm (piece of !@##$%&) to Blackberry Storm 2 (decent), to early terminating on Verizon to get the Evo on launch day. I love my Evo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have evolved to being able to put it down and have adapted to plugging it into the car charger, work adapter and even external battery's while at the gym occasionally. So nearly 5 months in, I am not even looking at anything else on the market! I have played with my friend's epic (which I could grow to love maybe if not for the gps issue) and a Droid X but I am not tempted at this point! I may be lucky but I have not had any problems with my Evo since June 4th launch.

Upvote 0
I have also been one to jump to the next great thing in far less than 2 years Treo 600 to Treo 650 to HTC 8525 (Hermes) to HTC (8925 Kaiser) Tilt, to Blackberry Storm (piece of !@##$%&) to Blackberry Storm 2 (decent), to early terminating on Verizon to get the Evo on launch day. I love my Evo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have evolved to being able to put it down and have adapted to plugging it into the car charger, work adapter and even external battery's while at the gym occasionally. So nearly 5 months in, I am not even looking at anything else on the market! I have played with my friend's epic (which I could grow to love maybe if not for the gps issue) and a Droid X but I am not tempted at this point! I may be lucky but I have not had any problems with my Evo since June 4th launch.

Yeah no kidding. If memory serves, my trip was...
Motor q, bb curve, HTC ppc, bb tour, iPhone, hero, iPhone 3g, iPhone 3gs, hero, evolution. And I don't plan to go anywhere. The epic screen is awesome but the phone is tooooooooo big!

Upvote 0
Really love my Evo, I came from a Hero which I loved too. The Evo has a huge beautiful fast, fast, browsing is a pleasure, apps... did I mention speed? Its just ideal for me... I thought I would need a netbook for times when I'm not at my desktop, the Evo completely replaced the idea of me getting one.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts. The Hero was OK, but the Evo is really very nice. It is seeing more use than my netbook.

Phone calls are also better than with the Hero - not sure if there's a better receiver or antenna or if it's a software thing. But call quality is noticeably better.

And 4G is great. In my office in SF, I can get a "poor" 4G signal and it's still amazingly quicker than 3G.

Upvote 0
My .02...

I got my EVO on launch day but I recently ported to Verizon due to a mini disaster with Sprint (long story)... When I first went to Verizon I got the Samsung Fascinate... I had it for a week and exchanged it for the Droid X.... I used the X for almost 3 weeks....

I am now back on Sprint and back with my EVO and could NOT be happier.... The EVO just flat out ROCKS!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones