1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Is the Evo3d the best android phone NOW

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by nmartinez12443, Jul 3, 2011.

1. nmartinez12443

None

Jul 3, 2011
    Hello, new member and I must say this is a great forum with great information.

I have been on verizon for 2 years and have had the LG ENV3, been pretty happy with it. However, I am going to get a new PHONE today and can get ANY phone on ANY carrier coverage is good for all. I am leaning towards the evo3d should I be looking at anything else (droid charge/samsung infuse/etc)

I dont want to wait for the Galaxy 2

Advertisement

2. Shocky

Shocky On Probation
    None

Jun 20, 2010
    If Galaxy S II isnt an option then it's one of the best, I'd prefer the Sensation as 3D is a gimmick imo.

3. Recoil1

Recoil1 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Even without the using the 3D the phone is still a beast and would be hard to beat.

Plus I thought the 3D would be a gimmick but it turned out to be pretty cool.

4. JustChexin

JustChexin Lurker
    None

Jun 30, 2011
    I am so in awe of the EVO 3D (I love the 3D feature -- Nintendo 3DS owner here, and I just love it. If 3D is a gimmick and if being a gimmick is wrong, then I don't want to be right, lol). I'm an iPhone 3GS owner for 2 years now and I'm so bored with iOS. I don't know whether to get the EVO 3D on Sprint, wait to hear if the Galaxy S2 will ever come to the US, wait to hear what's brewing with Windows Phone 7 Mango, wait to see what's coming with the iPhone 5 and iOS 5, or hope and pray the EVO 3D or something similar comes to AT&T (I'm burnt out on changing carriers every 2 years for the phone I want). It's a confusing time (for me at least) to be in an update cycle. Help! .-)

5. Gmash

Gmash Android Expert
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    neither Here nor There
    +1 for the Sensation.

6. mzungu.andrew

None
    Galaxy S II is beast! Can't wait till it comes to America!

But, I love my Atrix.

7. dan330

dan330 Android Expert

Jan 22, 2010
    Before changing carriers... Do a little more street survey first.
    Find out from real users in your area on quality

8. dpeagle

dpeagle Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 10, 2010
    the stupidest thing you could do is pick a phone over a carrier. first find a carrier you are happy with. than go with the best phone they offer.

9. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Android Expert
    None

May 12, 2011
    Male
    Stay at home Dad
    Arizona, USA
    Welcome to the Forums! Glad to have you. =)

In my opinion I believe the Evo3D is the most advanced phone on the market right now, period. Internationally or in US. Compared to the GS2 or the Sensation the Evo3D presents advantages to both devices in different ways.

As I've said many, many, times Display preference is completely subjective; but on a personal level I don't know why in a world with qHD and Retina you would willingly choose a lower resolution WVGA Display like the SGS2 has. Some argument might be made to that a WVGA sA+ is better than a qHD-PentileMatrix display... but the Evo3D has both qHD and a RGB-Stripe layout. When it comes to clarity, brightness, and definition the Evo3D takes the cake.

Then, with the Sensation, the phones are extremely similar... but with the Evo3D you get extra RAM and a stereoscopic 3D screen. Nobody dislikes getting more Ram and whether you like it or not having the stereo-scopic screen is a technologically advanced feature the Evo3D offers. A feature that no other phone can match while also matching the CPU speed and RAM of the Evo3D.

The Evo3D is the only phone to offer all the following features in one neat little package: A high-end 1.2ghz dual core processor, a high-end mobile GPU, 1gb of DDR2 Ram, an awesome stereoscopic screen for glasses-free 3D, and in my opinion one of the nicest smartphone cameras I've tried so far.

This is an odd mix of statistics and personal perspective, but it's my thoughts on the matter. I just don't think you're going to find better value or performance in the US or abroad right now. Nobody can deny it's of the heavy-weights of the year. It's pretty fantastic. But what do I know? :p

Besides, with the rate new phones are coming... by this winter we'll all feel like we're carrying around some ancient cell-phone... especially when the quad-cores hit. Hehe... Just be happy with whatever you get and don't be afraid to come here and ask for help. I hope you have a good buying and shopping experience. Welcome to the forums once again.

JustChexin likes this.
  10. carball

carball Lurker
    None

Jul 4, 2011
    Shop owner
    Canada
    I love Atrix.

11. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011