• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is the Galaxy s3 good for reading pdfs?

ag179

Lurker
Jun 27, 2013
I am in a line of work that requires lots of reading. Currently an ipad 4 is my go to device for pdfs. I am planning on upgrading my cheap lumia 710 to a mid range android device with up to a 5 inch display, replaceable battery and upgradable memory. After reading numerous reviews it would appear that the s3 is generally accepted as a capable android device.

Is the amoled screen on this device good enough for sustained periods of reading (mostly while lying in bed). I read that amoled tech produces blurry text. If so would I be better of with a tft lcd device like the nexus 4 or xperia sp.

Your help on this matter would be appreciated.

thanks

Ahem. Shotgun. They're screenshots lol... don't really show how clear an amoled display is for reading... :)

However, I will back you up and attest to how fine the display is in real life for reading. It's not at all blurry.

To the OP, I would suggest playing with an S3 in a phone shop, then you will see how useful the HD amoled display really is. And as you say, the S3 is certainly a "capable" device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones